Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Confirmed Returns List!

Okay soapheads, for the past couple of weeks I've been updating a post I made to let you know of the performers who would be returning to OLTL and AMC when the shows return later this spring--btw, we've got an April airdate so far--and PP just released a list of who would be returning to both shows earlier today. Again, I'll be updating this post as I get wind of more return information. One Life has a notably larger list than All My Children at this point but I'm still holding out some hope.

AMC:
Debbi Morgan (Angie Hubbard)
Vincent Irizarry (David Hayward)
Lindsay Hartley (Cara Castillo)
Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo)
Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater)    *<-be still my heart!!!!!
Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt)
Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard)  *<-yay!!!!
Cady McClain (Dixie Martin) *this hasn't been formally confirmed by PP, but CMC says she's confident she'll be returning
Julia Barr (Brooke English)
David Canary (Adam Chandler, Sr.) *<-yesss!!

OLTL:
Erika Slezak (duh)
Robert S. Woods (Bo Buchanan)
Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord...duh)
Tuc Watkins  (David Vickers) *<-there is a light at the end of the tunnel lol
Kassie dePaiva (Blair Cramer)
Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado)
Jerry ver Dorn (Clint Buchanan)
Melissa Archer (Natalie Buchanan Banks)
Hillary B. Smith (Nora Buchanan)
Josh Kelley (Cutter Wentworth)
Andrew Trischitta (Jack Manning)
Kelley Missal (Danielle Manning)
Sean Ringgold (Shaun Evans)
Shenaz Treasury (Rama Patel)
Nick Choksi (Vimal Patel)
Roger Howarth (Todd Manning)....for now lol

Per usual, I got my info from Soapcentral.com. Like I said at the top, I'll update this list again when we get more names released. So far I think this is a pretty steady start from both shows; I am rather intrigued how everything is going to play out on the OLTL end of things as far as the characters on GH are concerned and I'm really excited to see some more big names added on to both of these lists.

On some random notes:

*Who's watching that new show Deception on NBC? If you are, then you've already found out what Bree Williamson (ex-Jessica, OLTL) is up to--she's playing the part of a deceased socialite whose murder is the focal plot surrounding the main characters on the show. On one hand, its awesome to see familiar faces doing something new. The Jeffersons theme comes to mind when I later see soap stars in primetime or on movies. They're movin' on up. lol On another note though, because she is playing this part on NBC, its highly unlikely that she would be available to come back as Jessica for the OLTL reboot, so if TPTB decide to recast her character(or even bring back Erin Torpey) how would you feel about it?

*I didn't want to cover it, but Scott Evans (ex-Oliver Fish, OLTL) was busted by the po-po last week on cocaine charges! :( Read the full story here.

*Not entirely surprised to not see her name on here, but still no word from Susan Lucci's camp on whether she'll be back for the return. I heard a while ago that her show got picked up by ABC? I'm foggy on details but regardless I know she's busy. Will there be a riot if there's an Erica-less AMC? Actually now that I think about it, if we were to go on the cast that's signed up so far, we'd be looking at a Lavery, Martin, Chandler and Kane-less AMC. Fo shame!

*update 1/24: Late breaking news from PP--A very familiar AMC face is going to have a new one when he returns to the canvas! PP just released deets today that JR Chandler will indeed be recast when the show comes back on this spring. With the end storyline being "Who did JR shoot?" the first scenes are naturally going to be very intense from jump. Do you think anyone can come in and properly capture said intensity without having the history with the character that Jacob Young did? I don't know, but looks like we'll be finding out soon enough.

*update 1/28: JR Martinez (Brot) has confirmed via his Twitter that he will not be part of the online version of the show when it returns this spring due to scheduling conflicts. I liked Brot, but JR Martinez has seemed to hit his stride since exiting the show so I think I'm okay with this.

*update 2/1: PP & ABC are on the outs with each other over the dispute involving the OLTL characters of Starr, McBain & Todd, so they're being yanked off of GH in the coming weeks and forced to return to OLTL.
                      In AMC news, a casting call has been released for Cassandra Foster, who I'm sure you remember as Angie's daughter. She was played by ANTM's Yaya DaCosta but wasn't on the screen long before being written off the show.

*update 2/5: Hulu and iTunes will be broadcasting the new, half-hour(!) episodes of AMC & OLTL later this spring, with production on both shows beginning February 25th.

*update 2/11: We've got word from La Lucci!! Word was released this morning that both she and David Canary will indeed be appearing on the relaunch of AMC this spring, but while David Canary will be seen "on an ongoing basis," Susan Lucci is only confirmed for one episode.
                          But the news is bittersweet: Michael E. Knight has declined a return to the AMC reboot, at least for now, citing bad timing. He does give us some hope that Tad will make a return sometime, but it won't be for the show's relaunch.

*update 2/22: I didn't see this before, but Julia Barr (Brooke English) has signed on for the reboot of AMC. With Barr's character Brooke reunited with Adam the last time we saw her, its probably safe to say that they're still together.
                  We haven't heard too much else on the soaps other than the Prospect Park/ABC conflict, but it has been confirmed that Roger Howarth (Todd Manning) will be back for the OLTL reboot, then headed back over to GH, where he is still under contract to ABC. No word yet on the other two characters, but at least we won't have a recast or it won't make sense. I'm still kinda peeved they got rid of Trevor St. John though. :-(


I will start a new post with more updates next month or as I get a little more information; I've kept this post open for over a month now and need to get a new one going. I just haven't gotten many updates lately; PP has gone quiet for now, presumably because production starts on Monday. With the short list we've gotten from AMC's half though, I wonder how the show's going to take off without a bunch of new characters serving as placeholders. We're still low on foundation characters (other than Susan Lucci for at least one episode, we still have no Kanes, one Slater, no Laverys, no Careys--which should make some of you happy, I presume LOL--no Martins, one Cortlandt, and two Chandlers, one of whom is a familiar name with a new face) and even though I know it is not possible at this point I would really like them to pick up where ABC left off--was an excellent lead-in for Prospect Park. Anyway, I'll be making a new post so I can continue with soap updates on the 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment