Wednesday, May 8, 2013

R.I.P.

Soapheads, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this morning, Jeanne Cooper (Y&R's Katherine) passed away in her sleep. She was 84. If you've been keeping up with Soapcentral, then I'm sure you heard a little something about the mysterious ailment she had been dealing with over the past month. If you hadn't heard about it, she fell into a coma last month and was in the ICU for a couple of weeks, then released back on April 29th. Unfortunately, a few days later, on May 2nd, she was readmitted and this time would not be released.

Nobody knows yet exactly what illness she was dealing with as her family has chosen not to release those details, and I can respect that. I have watched Jeanne Cooper on Y&R practically from birth and this loss to her family, Y&R and the rest of the soap fans who loved her work hits hard. I am glad she is at peace now and no longer in any pain. I hope that her family finds the strength and the courage that I am sure she passed along to them during this time, and that they look to God for His guidance of their steps. My sincerest condolences are with Jeanne Cooper's family, the cast of Y&R and the lives of all that she touched throughout her career.

No comments:

Post a Comment