Monday, June 1, 2015

Wet 'n Wild Wildshine Nail Polish




The next product in the new Wet 'n Wild 99 cent line that I wanted to review was the Wildshine nail polishes. I have a few of these as well, and I wanted a few more before I reviewed the line but unfortunately I already have a lot of the same colors from other brands, so I decided to just review what I already had.


From l to r: Clear Topcoat, Matte Topcoat, Kaleidoscope, Blazed, Do Pass Go,
Be More Pacific, Grape Minds Think Alike, Burgundy Frost



Pros:

--The obvious, they're all only 99 cents
--Most have shiny finishes
--Most of them can be used as affordable dupes for more pricey brands
--Wide array of colors offered
--Buildable layers
--Easily removable and doesn't leave stains
--Dries pretty quickly




Cons:

--The cap tends to come unscrewed from the wand
--Some of the brushes apply the polish in streaky and uneven layers
--The formula is a bit watery, which causes the brushes to hold a lot of excess polish
--Doesn't stay on very long without chipping, even with a topcoat








My thoughts:

If you just need a quick replacement polish or don't mind reapplying your coats after a couple of days, then these polishes will be fine. Again, there's a good selection of polish colors you can choose from, there are a lot of fun colors, and they're easy to apply and remove without staining your nails. But as I'm finding to be the case with many of the WnW polishes, they chip fairly easily, even with a clear topcoat. If you do a lot with your hands or get them wet often, then expect these to chip within 24-36 hours of application. I didn't time it exactly lol, but I polished my nails with one of the polishes on Saturday morning and noticed some chipping at the tops of my nails by Sunday evening. The formula is pretty thin and streaky (but the streaks could be due to the brush), so in order to get both intensity and even application, I've found that two coats is the magic amount to go with. Any less than that and you risk having streaky nails, even with a light hand. Any more, however, and it starts to build up so I'd stick with two good coats. It dries quickly, so don't be slow with evening the coats out. If you've got a young one who won't stay out of your polish, this would be a good line to start her off with since they're so affordable. But if you want a thicker formula, a wider brush or more time between touch-ups, I'd go with another line. If you're trying to stick with Wet 'n Wild, then go with the Megalast line. The brush is wider, the colors more intense, the formula is thicker, and it lasts a little while longer with a topcoat.


Do I recommend this product?

Yes and no. I do because I'm never going to turn down the opportunity to buy a nail polish for 99 cents. So I'm cheap. Sue me. lol I think for 99 cents, these are a pretty decent line of polishes. Touch-ups are needed often, but I do like the colors and once your nails are dry and ready to go, they look great. You could try changing the brushes out and see how that affects the application; maybe that will improve things.

But because touch-ups are needed often and it can be a bit of a pain getting the coats evened up, you might as well spend a dollar more and go with either the Megalast line or Sinful Colors since they're the same price. The cons are more annoying than anything else.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment