Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fall Explosion Tag



Hi! How've you been enjoying these first few weeks of fall? I'm loving the dip in temperatures, but not looking forward to the cold just yet. My relief at no longer waking up drenched in sweat and having to keep the fan on anymore is always short-lived because with the changing seasons and temperatures come the rise of seasonal colds and the like. Neither I nor my immune system are looking forward to that. But you take the good with the bad, right? lol

 As I grow older, I've come to realize that there are things that I love about every season. I used to detest fall with a passion for a number of reasons. I considered it the forgotten season and was just fine with that. But I have noticed my tastes and preferences starting to evolve as I make the slow trek towards middle age (LOL I'm not even 30 yet. #quarterlifecrisis) and one of those things that I've finally learned to open my mind about was the fall season. Now that I have, though, I've become slightly obsessed so I wanted to do a few more posts on it. This helped me to see that there were actually things I loved about the season even when I thought I hated it, so that's been kinda cool. 

I'm a big fan of YouTube tags and over the years, all kinds of tags come and go. They've kinda fallen off over the past couple of years or so, but a couple of the fall tags were what pulled my attention the most. I'm trying to be more active on here, I really am, but the vintage blog and lack of funds are preventing me from reviewing with more consistency. So I thought this would be a good idea to both give me another post that I didn't need to purchase anything for and get my head more into the season. A couple of my favorite fall-related tag videos were the Sweater Weather and Fall Favorites tags, but instead of making two separate posts I figured I'd combine everything into one big questionnaire, Myspace style. lol I also sprinkled in a few of my own season-related questions. Some of these have photos, some don't. That's how I roll. LOL Let's get started!



1. Favorite fall lip product?


My favorite lip product during the fall is dark anything. Dark stains, dark liners, dark glosses, dark matte lipsticks, I don't care what kind of lip product it is as long as it's dark. My current favorites are LA Girl's Glazed Lip Paints in Daring & Tempt, and the Matte Liquid Lipsticks in Rebel & Backstage, and a dark red, almost purple liner for both. I also really like the dark ombre lip for fall. I couldn't decide, which is why the photo has quite a few products.


2. Favorite fall nail polish?

My Fall Inspiration post will have a full layout of what I like, but fall always makes me break out the deep, darker colors.


3. Best/favorite fall memory?

I don't have many since fall is a very new item on the 'like' list. When I give it some thought, I realize that fall has always been the season when my love life gets a boost lol, but even with that being the case, I don't have too many noteworthy anecdotes. One funny one is when I was 18, I was seeing some dude and it wasn't anything serious, but I was catching feelings and tried to soak in every stolen moment we could have. He came to see me on Halloween but could only stay for an hour because he had a curfew. We wanted some privacy, so we just hung out and talked...and made out, obviously lol...in the car. Neither of us was ready for him to leave but neither of us wanted him to get grounded either because then he wouldn't be able to come over at all, so after we stalled as long as possible without going past his curfew, he walked me back up to the door to kiss me goodnight. He gets back to his car and realizes we'd locked his keys in there. Where I live, the typical fall weather doesn't hit until right around Halloween, so the temps had dropped, we're standing outside in t-shirts, and he's locked out of his car. After both of us, my mom and a neighbor all failed to get the lock open, we finally had to call the fire department to come help us out. The good thing about that was we got an hour more of cuddle time. lol The bad thing about that was he obviously was grounded when he got home, and that was our last hurrah for a little while. It was embarrassing then, but it's a cute and funny memory for me now.


4. What is autumn like where you live?

Well as I said above, most of the time, the first month of the season is pretty mild. They're not quite summer temperatures, but they're still warmer than most other places during fall. It's still sunny most of the time but the mornings and nights are both cooler, and even though we don't get much humidity anyway it still improves during the fall. Temperatures are more prone to fluctuate during the fall, sometimes we'll have days pushing 90 degrees, while other days will drop without warning to the low 70s. Around Halloween, they'll drop even further, the cold winds and bad weather start blowing in, and we won't see a degree above 80 for awhile after that.


5. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?


I spend all spring and summer complaining about there not being any football to watch, then end up forgetting about it come fall. LOL Hands down though, football. I'll still jump in a leaf pile, but the joy doesn't last as long as it used to. lol Lambeau Field is a life bucket list for me.


6. Favorite fall TV show?


Scandal and The Blacklist. I don't watch a lot of current tv these days, but those are the two fall shows that I consistently wait for every season.


7. Favorite fall drink?

I don't have one. Hot chocolate, if I had to pick.


8. What do you think is the most overrated fall trend?

Source

Pumpkin spice everything. I have no problems with pumpkin, pumpkin pie is actually one of the only kinds of pie that I'll eat, but I don't think its necessary for it to be in absolutely everything all season. It's in everything. Before long there'll be pumpkin spice flavored edible panties. Ugh. Let me stop; I've already put that out in the air.

9. What are you looking forward to the most this season?

Source

Partially excited for Halloween, partially excited for the day after when the candy goes to half-price, and decorating for November before I have to change everything up for the holidays.


10. Favorite Halloween movie?

Source

Hocus Pocus, duh!


11. Which trend do you associate more with fall: dark lips or winged liner?

Source

Winged liner is a year-round thing for me, so I'm gonna go with dark lips. I try to stick with berries and pinks for summer, so it's nice to go to the dark side for fall. I've been missing my dark lipsticks. But dark lips and winged liner? Win!


12. Skinny jeans or leggings?


Both. I love the comfort of leggings and tend to associate those with fall because you can do so much with them. I wear them underneath jeans once the cold weather hits, but while it's at the cooling down point, you can pair them with slouchy sweaters and boots, or tights with skirts and cute shoes. I also love the fit, feel and look of a good skinny jean though, because those too look good with plaid or flannel shirts, slouchy sweaters, boots, or cardigan/t-shirt combos.


13. Favorite fall candle?



Marshmallow Fireside and Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from Bath & Body Works.


14. Any ideas for a Halloween costume yet?

No. I have some ideas for Halloween makeup looks I'd like to try, but as far as a costume I'm not sure yet. I've always wanted to try a dead bride or a pirate wench. What will I end up doing though? Probably sitting down, playing around with makeup and finding something that looks really creepy, then scaring my sister. Again. lol


15. Any fall traditions?

None really.


16. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Cold coffee, chai and hot chocolate. I'm not going to pick just one. I do what I want. Insert emoji with shades.


17. Favorite Thanksgiving food?

To be honest, I'm not very big on Thanksgiving. It originally started as just being bored with the holiday, but I realized over the past couple of years that I don't like the history the holiday was built upon either. I appreciate and respect the theory of the holiday, to be grateful for everything and everyone in my life, but the holiday itself isn't one of my personal favorites. So the food's not of much importance to me.


18. Do you have a signature fall fragrance?

I don't know that I have a signature fall fragrance, but I do have signature scent notes that I gravitate to more during the fall and winter months. Fall is when I move away from the fruity, floral notes that I prefer during the spring and summer; I prefer muskier scents as the colder weather starts to set in. I don't have a specific one, though.


19. What songs evoke the fall spirit to you?

I don't know that I have any. I was on the Autumn Cozy Tumblr account a couple of weeks ago though, and Autumn has some pretty good recommendations for fall music. Check my Fall Inspiration post for more.


20. Is there a fall polish that's on your must-have list this year?


I was dying for a copper or gold-toned polish this year, and Sinful Colors answered my prayers and had another 99 cent sale so I picked up Copper Pot. I think it's beautiful.


21. What's your favorite thing about fall?



The burst of colors. I love how nature seems to come alive. I think this photo captures the beauty in the atmosphere and the overall cozy feeling that fall creates. I don't know who took this, I think I got it from Tumblr, but I thought it was a perfect visual for what fall is. Look at all the colors in the photo! This is what fall is all about--falling leaves, tons of colors, variety of shapes and sizes, either drifting from trees or crunching under your feet. It's a beautiful time of year.


22. Favorite Halloween candy?

Source

It used to be candy corn, but now I don't think I have one. Nah, it's still candy corn. I just don't eat it too much. lol


23. Combat boots or Uggs?



It's a new one for me, but combat boots. I've never been a fan of Uggs, but recently I've been finding myself drawn to combat boots. I'm still not quite ready to chance wearing them as I don't know how they'll look on me, but I've been digging them lately. I've also been really into boots like the ones in this photo. I got a snap of these when I was out looking for fall fashion inspiration last week and I'm in love with them. I don't know if I can pull them off, but they're outside of my comfort zone and I wonder what all I can style with them.


24. Any fall activity you have yet to try but would like to?

Source

I would love to go to a pumpkin patch. Any of the years we've had a pumpkin for Halloween, we just got one from the local grocery store. I always hear about celebrities taking their families to pumpkin patches and we even have a few of them here locally, but I've never really had the desire to go to one. One thing that creating seasonal bucket lists has given me is the desire to try new things for the sake of enjoying the experience, and this just feels like one of those quintessential fall experiences that I haven't gotten to participate in.


25. Favorite fall accessory?


There are three. A scarf, a beanie, and a camera. I think fall is one of the most beautiful times of year, and it's also one of the most beautiful to photograph. One of the reasons I love fall is because it's when I get to finally break out my beanie collection again. I'm new to the world of scarves and enjoying how they look on me as opposed to other people, but I think they're the perfect fall accessory and complement a ton of outfits.


26. Is the Starbucks PSL worth the hype?
I hear about this so much you'd swear it was the second coming of Jesus. It's on my bucket list to try one so I can decide for myself, but my initial answer to this is no. I already think its overrated because I see it everywhere, and most times when I see something that is very overblown like PSL, it ends up being sorely underwhelming. I'm expecting that here. lol 



So there are some of my thoughts on fall themes. I really liked doing this post. I think tags and things like that help you get to know me a bit better, which I like, but they're also just fun to do. I think I might adapt a few more of these as the seasons pass. What are your fall favorites, is there anything you're excited for this season? What are your answers to these questions? Let me know in the comments!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment