Friday, January 8, 2016

RRNT Reading Challenge 2016




Hi! For this week's post, I was originally going to make a post about creating seasonal bucket lists. But a few days ago, I decided to take part in a reading challenge and thought I'd post that today instead. I've taken part of three annual reading challenges now, but they were historical romance challenges hosted by herding cats and burning soup. This year I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to do one, but then I came across the #BustleReads Challenge and decided to try something new. The aim of the BustleReads challenge is to bring more focus to both female authors and authors of color, which I liked. I was going to take on this challenge in its entirety, until I saw that there were two other major reading challenges being hosted this year. BookRiot has the Read Harder Challenge, and PopSugar has the Ultimate Reading Challenge, both of which also sound like a lot of fun. 

It would be ideal to take on as many reading challenges as I can, and while some of the challenge entries are on every list, it would be a bit daunting, even for someone that reads as much as I do, to try and finish them all this year. Since historical romances are one of the genres I read the most often on a normal basis, I wanted to do something different this year. So instead of trying to do all of the challenges, I thought I'd tweak all of the lists and compile something that I liked. Many of the entries are from all three collections, but there are a few of my own entries sprinkled in there. I review books quite frequently and don't mind going outside of my normal reading preferences for that, but for leisurely reading I hardly ever read anything outside of my comfort zone. So for my own entries, I tried to include things that I normally wouldn't read. The links above will direct you to the parent challenges, if you'd like to look through those instead. But if you're interested, here's RRNT's.




Challenges 1-9
Challenges 10-18
Challenges 19-27

Challenges 28-36


I'll be doing this challenge on Instagram so make sure to follow me on there if you'd like to see what I choose. If you'd like to partake in this challenge, you can post the entry you chose along with the book on social media using the hashtag #rrntreads so I can see what you're reading. Again, if you'd rather look through and/or follow the parent challenges that I got most of my entries from, they're in the links above. Happy reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment