Friday, January 22, 2016

My Birthday Wishlist



Hi! This week I took a page out of my other blog's book and decided I'd talk a little about my birthday wishlist. Over on ATV, the month's theme is my birthday so it's quite self-indulgent, but I'm having fun with it. lol I didn't get to focus on the current things I'd like to have though, so that's what I'm going to be talking about today. I have some things that I've had my eye on for awhile now, and if this was a perfect world, I'd be able to have all of 'em for my birthday. It's not a perfect world, however, and I'm broke. So I thought I'd show you some of those things and enjoy some online window shopping. 



Gamestop
I own the regular version of Skyrim and have been playing it for around 4 years or so. Skyrim players, you know that's a lot of logged game time. Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire have all been out for somewhere around 2-3 years, and I got all of those when they were released. When I got a new PS3 this past summer, I accidentally deleted all three DLCs because I deleted the profile that I downloaded the content onto. Once I realized that that was the reason why I'd lost my stuff, there were tears. The first time I got these, they were as birthday gifts so I didn't have to pay for them. Now, I could either pay upwards of $40 to download them again or I can just get the Legendary edition of the game, which thankfully includes all three DLCs. I haven't been able to play Skyrim since I realized the content was gone so this is a mistake I'm desperate to correct. 






Amazon
It's been a long-standing goal of mine to up my photo game, especially if I expect this blog to ever go anywhere. I can't even begin to afford the type of camera that I would like to have and I'm trying to utilize the materials that I do have, which brings me to this mobile photo lens collection. The collection has several different attachments that you can snap onto the back of your phone as well as a tiny tripod for some stability. This would be so useful when I have to take product photos and need to be able to position the items without moving the camera. I love a good practical gift, and this would be one of them for me. 




















This is probably one of my favorite breakfasts ever. Ever. It's become a monthly treat to take myself to breakfast at least once (breakfast is my favorite meal lol), and I usually get this. Nope, not the healthiest meal in the world. Don't care. (This directly contradicts a conversation I had with my mom and uncle in which I said I'd like to try to eat healthier this year, but I digress.) It tastes fucking fantastic. I don't know why, but I've noticed that when I have this breakfast, I feel like my day starts off on the right foot. I eat while I check emails and work on blog posts, and I usually end up getting a lot done. So basically, in addition to filling my tum and caressing my soul with goodness, it also helps with my productivity. What I'm trying to say is that I should have this everyday.






Frito-Lay
My sister turned me on to these last spring, and I've been hooked ever since. With all the gut troubles I have, I really should be staying away from them but I just can't. They aren't sold at the stores near my house so I can't have them as often as I'd like, which is probably a good thing, but when I do get a bag I usually eat myself to the point of intense gastrointestinal distress. I don't intend to do that on Saturday, but I don't intend on ending my day without at least a taste of these chips. lol 






Gamestop
This game has become such a thorn in my side. The Gamestop closest to my house has had one copy for over a year now, and it taunts me every time I go in there. It knows another visit to this store will pass in which I do not walk out with it, and it laughs at me. I want this game so badly it's ridiculous. It would be awesome to finally have the damn thing, if only so I can replace this game on my wishlist with another one. lol 






Walmart
I think maybe a 2-in-1 would help with editing and uploading my photos and give me a larger screen to work with than what I currently have going on. If I can insert the photos into blog posts from the device I'm working on rather than waiting for it to sync with my cloud then hopping on the computer to add them to the post, it'll take a lot less time than it takes me now. My current laptop is on its way out, so this would also be a good replacement until I can get another one. There's no way in hell I can even begin to afford it in the foreseeable future, but if I were to have the money, I'd probably stick with something like this RCA Viking Pro 2-in-1. It's under $200, it was well-rated online, and operates with Android Lollipop, which is the operating system on my phone now. I'd love to have something like this for working on my blogs. 





7. Walmart's General Tso's Chicken

There are a number of things that I love about good ol' Wally World. One of the main things are these General Tso's boneless chicken pieces from the deli. They're sweet, spicy, sticky, and amazeballs. This is another usual monthly treat since half a pound of them only costs a couple bucks. Sounds like a nice treat for a birthday lunch. Or a snack. I want them, end of story. 






eBay
I am in desperate need of a new battery for my Nexus since it is the primary thing I use for many of my reviews. I've needed a new battery for nearly 3 years now, but over the past year or so it's gotten much worse. It charges fairly quickly, but it also dies just as quickly so when I'm not using it, I have to keep it on the charger. It's a massive nuisance and I'd like to finally get it out of my hair.





9. Unlimited access to books and makeup (LOL)

This doesn't need a photo. I just want someone to tell me I can buy any book, anywhere, anytime I want and never have to pay for it. I also want this same person to tell me I can have all the makeup I like, however much of it I like, regardless of where I buy it from, anytime I want. Sounds amazing.


So that's some of my wishlist. I don't often have a wishlist at all, but this was fun to think about. I tend to think my day is cursed in some way, and my worry over the day not going the way I'd like is usually what consumes any thoughts I have concerning my birthday. The main thing I want is just for the day to go well; most of the time my birthday ends up getting ruined by someone else's actions or external drama so I'm really hoping that the day goes smoothly. For the past few years, I usually end up being exposed to a cold on my birthday and going down with it a couple of days later, so that's another thing I'm hoping to avoid. Honestly, if I can have both of those things then I don't need anything else. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment