Monday, July 11, 2016

Summer Bucket List 2016


Hi! Even though it's July and summer officially just started, you know I'm already getting e-mails talking about how summer's almost over? Dafuq. Talk to me at the beginning of September about summer almost being over. Anyway, I didn't do a bucket list for any of the other seasons (and don't know if I will just yet), but I had to do another summer one, just to see if I couldn't get more done now that I know how to create one that I like. So what's on the list this time around?






Quite a difference from last year's "I want to do ALL THE SUMMERY THINGS AT ONCE" bucket list, isn't it? lol Even though last year's list was quite the exercise in ambition, I'm glad it was so overwhelming. It helped me separate what I really want to do from the things that would sound nice to do, if that makes sense. So this year's list is much--much--smaller, much more low-key, and most importantly, doesn't make me feel quite as overwhelmed. I won't explain all of them, but I did want to detail a few. Let's go!



1. Build a fort--That was a big reason why a hula hoop fort was on my Summer Inspiration list a couple of weeks ago. My anxiety levels have been on the shelf above outta control lately, so I've really been craving a small, safe space. Even though I have my room, there's something comforting for me about a small, enclosed, comfy space. I'm slightly claustrophobic so nothing tiny, but just something private and enclosed so I can read in peace. It'll be too cold for forts on the floor before long so I'd like to take advantage while I can.


3. Change hair color--This is another thing that was mentioned in the Summer Inspiration post (BTW, I'm sorry again for the overexposure in the photos; I'm going to have to start looking for new apps to use. I wasn't having the problem as badly back when I did the "Favorite Photo Editing Apps" post in April, but it's ridiculous now so maybe it's time for a new rotation of apps). Anyway, sometimes I just get bored and want to switch everything up. Hair color, nails, get new piercings or tattoos, whatever. I went with the easiest one and changed my hair. My new hair color is the first thing I was able to strike off the list; as I mentioned in the post my hair is usually black, but I recently switched it up to a red ombre that is similar to one of the photos in the hair collage. I'm loving it. 


5. Make s'mores by fire--This is another one that I was talking about in my Inspiration post. Last year I was really set on doing some kind of bonfire in the backyard, but I found the personal s'mores pot tutorial and now that's what I'm stuck on. It'd be cheaper to do, easier to do, and legal. lol


6. Get a tan tattoo--I tan extremely easily. It doesn't take my skin long to tan, I don't burn often, and it fades rather fast. I think a tan tattoo or some kind of design would be a different but cool look on the skin, so once I find what I'd like to do and where I want to put it, I'm on it.


7. Go to one local meetup--My hometown isn't exactly a hub for entertainment and fun times. I keep trying to find meetups and social events to attend, but they just aren't my bag. There are a couple of meetups scheduled on the Meetup site that are up my alley, so I'd like to try going to at least one this summer.


9. Participate in Sunday Funday--I never get to partake in Sunday Funday. I guess football Sundays could be seen as SF days but honestly, even though I like football I'm not one of the fans that needs to catch every game. Hold your tomatoes please, but I'm not. I have both the NFL & Green Bay apps on my phone, so I catch all the good stuff. But sometimes I'd rather go do something fun and active (or work on blog posts lol) instead of staying inside so I'm determined to have at least one Sunday Funday this summer. It's also better to get it over with now since it's only pre-season and I won't miss anything important. lol 


11. Keep saying yes to the good stuff--This one is a lifetime bucket list item for me. Because I spend most of my time feeling like I'm being controlled by either my physical or mental issues, I end up saying no to a lot of things, some of them good things. And once you get in the habit of saying no to some things, it's easy to say no to everything and terribly hard to start saying yes again. I'd like to experience more of the potentially good stuff, so I'm trying to open myself back up to those experiences. 


14. Get another piercing--I've been thinking about getting another piercing for quite some time now. When I'm not playing the faithful role of anxiety's bitch, I'm actually pretty spontaneous. I would have no issue waking up one day, deciding I want a piercing, then going and getting it done. This is where being poor is a good thing, because my pockets always win the war against my spontaneity and force me to wait even when I don't want to. So when I want another piercing I'll figure out where I want it, if my clumsiness could potentially get in the way of the recovery time, then I'll sit on the idea for no less than 3 months. If I still want it as badly by the time I get the money for it, I'll go get it done.


15. Go on more solo adventures--This is a goal that ties into the 'saying yes to the good stuff' item; saying yes to the good stuff may be something as simple as agreeing not to stay at home, hopping on the bus and spending the day as a tourist in the city. There's no telling what sort of adventures I can find on my own, but I'd like to start trying to go on a few more of them.


17. Go to an outdoor show--Another thing I don't do very often, if at all (especially considering the danger level that seems to be at those things nowadays), is attend outdoor events. They're good for my anxiety by not trapping me in a building with tons of other people, but I also can't get a good read on my surroundings if they're very large so I shy away from them. There's a rockabilly fest next month that's outdoors and I'd love to go.


18. Pitch at least 1 idea--This year hasn't brought me many things, but one thing it has brought me is renewed ambition. I have so many ideas I forget them all if I don't immediately write them down, and it's been my goal to get one at least pitched, if not in some sort of development by the time the year is over. If I have to bring in year 30 as broke as I brought in years 20-29, I will die. LOL




So that's my bucket list for this summer. Much more understated than last year's, and I realized that this is more my speed. I've already gotten a head start at crossing a few of the items off, which I'm enjoying. I haven't made up my mind whether or not to mash the completed items in a blog post later, or if I should use that as an excuse to revive my Instagram yet but I'll figure it out. Are you working your way through a summer bucket list? What's the item you'd most like to do this year? Hope you enjoyed and I'll talk to you soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment