Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bitchy Fashion Review: Shoedazzle

In addition to my growing addiction to various subscription box services like Birchbox, I have also been looking at other sites like Little Black Bag, Shoedazzle and JustFab. I heard about LBB from a beauty guru on YouTube, I saw a commercial for Shoedazzle on tv and I only knew about JustFab because Kimora Lee Simmons is the Creative Director and I love her to pieces. lol I was on the hunt for some new stuff this summer after I got my last refund from school and I figured I'd treat myself to a new outfit, complete with shoes because I have more shoes that I can't wear (because they're uncomfortable and don't fit) than shoes that I can wear. On the regular, I only wear two pairs of shoes. One pair of Converses and some ballet slippers. Summertime is limited to flip flops and no shoes at all. lol I haven't owned a pair of sandals since my mom bought me jellies as a kid. OAN, who remembers those? LOL

Anyway, I stumbled across Shoedazzle while I was looking for a cute pair of shoes to wear with my dress and being the cheap-o that I am, I zoomed right in on the 'Clearance' category. I have easily given away hours of my life to that site and daydreaming about all the shoes I'd toss in my virtual cart if I had the money. Online shopping is the devil, I tell ya. I can see how so many people end up getting sucked into draining their money shopping online; it's so easy...and almost too tempting...to just click on junk and pretend you can afford it. For me it wouldn't be pretending, it would be straight up lying because I know damn well I can't afford that stuff in mass quantities. lol That's a splurge site for someone on as strict of a budget as I am and that's perfectly fine with me. It makes the purchases I am able to get feel more 'ooh la la how special.'

Anyway, I ended up picking up two pairs of shoes on clearance. This was the first pair.
Original photo from Shoedazzle has been removed; this image is from OMG buy me THIS
These are the Crush wedge sneakers by beau+ashe; they originally were retailed at around $60 but were on clearance at Shoedazzle for $15. I really liked the silver velcro strap going across the front of the shoe and the style of leather that they used; it gave me a bit of a throwback feel with the old high-top pump sneakers. I've worn them once so far (I haven't gone many places where I feel comfortable wearing these for extended periods yet) and I'm not really a wedge/boot/heel kind of girl because I'm clumsy as all hell, so they weren't as easy to walk in as I originally anticipated but only because I personally am not comfortable. As weird as I'm sure this sounds, the shoe was just fine. The inside is very soft and comfy. I was only uncomfortable because I wasn't used to it. Many of the users who picked these up and left reviews advised to get one shoe size larger than the regular size because the insides were rather narrow. When I went to order my pair, I saw that the only ones left were one size above my regular so I called it fate. I even refreshed the page to make sure that I wasn't seeing things and when the little black circle saying "Only 1 left!" popped up again, I ordered them with a quickness. $60 dollar shoes...on clearance for $15....one pair left...just one size above mine? Come on now, tell me you can't see how fate intervened for me here!


 I took these pictures myself because I guess the designer is in-house at Shoedazzle, so there was no independent site to get the photos from after Shoedazzle stopped carrying these sandals.
I don't know if you can tell,
but there's a very tiny wedge. 
The front of these strap up
a little like gladiator sandals.

These are the Padua sandals from Izabella Rue Italy and they originally retailed for $64 but I also got these on clearance for $15. Fortunately it wasn't quite as much of a race to get these as there were still a number of them available, but they were removed from the site not long after I purchased them so I'm glad I got them when I did. I can't find them anywhere else either so again, it's good that I got them when I did. I loved that the sandals were reminiscent of gladiator sandals, didn't appear too fussy and most importantly weren't heels. lol The sole of the shoe is narrow and a little too smooth for comfort, so due to the fact that I am usually barefoot my feet have gotten a little wider than normal so there were a few occasions throughout graduation day where I was walking and my foot just slipped off the side of the shoe. LOL One complaint I had though was that the leather for these shoes was pretty stiff and it got to be a little painful after awhile; after a morning in the sandals I had to take them off because the straps at the top were starting to cut into my ankle. That could be because I haven't broken them in yet, I'm not sure. Sandal season's finally over here in Texas so I won't know until next spring sometime. 

I ordered the shoes at the same time and while the total should have come up to around $124, I only paid $30. The shipping was free as a gift from Shoedazzle for first-time buyers. I immediately received a confirmation email after placing the order, then another when the order was shipped. I didn't have any hidden fees or charges (which I was really afraid of), I didn't have to worry about being signed up for a subscription or running into any sort of recurring fees, and there were no problems with either the condition of the shoes when I received them or the delivery. The only thing I got asked if I wanted to sign up for were emails, which I did end up signing for but it's completely voluntary. In terms of the actual ordering process, I got exactly what I asked for, before the date I was told I'd receive them, and in the end paid less than half of what I should have. A $124 value for only $30?? That was God and excellent timing. LOL

Bitchy Review:
Needless to say, I was immensely pleased with Shoedazzle's service. I have gone back on many occasions to browse since buying my shoes this summer and while I have yet to find any deals quite as enticing as the one I had, the prices aren't all that bad. While I'm more financially challenged than the average Jane now that I'm out of school, I wouldn't mind buying something from the site again. There was nothing misleading during the purchasing process, something that is a large fear for many people when buying online, I received exactly what I wanted and in timely fashion to boot. The quality of both pairs of shoes is excellent and while I usually do not wear sandals or wedge sneakers on the regular, it's only because I'm a klutz. lol I feel like Shoedazzle does a great job of bringing a little sophistication to the average chick by making the prices more affordable for high-end materials and I appreciate that. And they don't just sell shoes, I believe they also sell jewelry and handbags, both of which have a large catalog of high-end, chic looking items. So if you're in the market for one of the three, want to go with a trusted online retailer and don't want to spend your life savings, I highly recommend going with Shoedazzle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment