Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year, New Stuff!

Well as I mentioned in my last blog post from last year (btw Happy New Year!), this blog would be making some changes as my television preferences have shifted from being primarily soap opera oriented. I still kept Daytime Suds in the title as I do hope and intend one day to eventually move this back to being its own site and restart the tv review site on another blog, but until then since I only watch one soap I decided to combine it. Everything with the soaps will stay the same, LOD, LOW, COW, Popped Bubbles and Suds Up will remain a part of this column, as will the weekly reviews when I remember to watch.

The new part of this blog will be the other half of this new title, the bitchy tv show reviews. I'll review almost anything I watch, syndicated, popular, stupid, funny, sitcom, whatever. I'm aware that nobody's waiting with baited breath for my rambling reviews, but if they don't like it, too bad. I enjoy writing reviews and I enjoy watching shows to provide these reviews as well. Maybe someone'll read em eventually and think my opinion wasn't half bad. It also provides me again with a journal of sorts. So if you look at it that way, I'm not writing any of these blogs for anyone, therefore not entitling or requiring you to read my often run on 8 track of thoughts. lol

I can tell you a little about the shows I do watch so you can see what kind of direction the blog will be going in. I watch quite a few things on tv nowadays, however most of said things are in syndication and prob won't warrant more than a review or two. I am an avid food lover so when I remember and can get the energy up to watch, Food Network will have quite a few reviews here. I also watch alot of bridal tv so My Fair Wedding, which is currently in a new season, and Bridezillas will also have their space on the blog.  A current show I do watch and am looking forward to providing reviews on is Being Erica. Season 3 premieres on SoapNet on January 26th and as a viewer from the very first episode and currently in my 9th month of Strange withdrawals, I can't wait. Let's see...as far as shows still on the air, that's about it. The rest of the shows are in syndication, like Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, New York Undercover, and of course my sitcoms. But don't worry, I will try my hardest not to let it get stagnant like it did before.

At the moment, I am trying to get things straight in my life so my attentions are a bit scattered. I'm going back to school next month after an extended hiatus I took back in November and I am also looking for ways to start up a little kiosk in my town. I also develop products for IMVU, so even though the majority of my life is centered online, things are still about to be quite busy. So sometimes I may skip a review but if its something current, I promise to watch the soonest rerun and review it. I've also been looking to add a few things to the blogs (I run 3) to increase my readers so that's podcasts, audio/video broadcasts if possible, different widgets to add to the site, etc. I said all that to say please bear with me for a little while. I have alot of ideas and quite a few things to do, so it might take a minute for me to get everything straight. But if everything I want and intend to do with these blogs go as planned, it should be up and fantastico in no time. Even if I only have 3 readers to enjoy it. lol

Tomorrow morning I will be doing an ongoing blog during Food Network's morning lineup as most of the shows on tomorrow are new episodes, and Sunday will be the first review of My Fair Wedding. If I remember, I'll watch the weekly recap of GH so I can give that run down before MFW comes on. See ya in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment