Monday, January 16, 2012

Changes to Come!

At about this time last year--or was it 2010? I forget--I decided to change this blog to include tv reviews. In the course of that year, however, my interests have since changed dramatically, which in retrospect probably should have shut this site down completely--I stopped watching the original intention of this blog, soap operas, to name the main change. I was growing more and more unhappy with where soaps were going and after the announcement that 2 of them were up for cancellation (one of which has already happened; the other is later this month), I grew so disillusioned that I just gave up on the remaining ones. So to those that read this blog for soap recaps or updates, I apologize. But I can't and probably won't return to that world as it has all but died off to me already. :(

But I digress. At around this time last year, I made some changes to the site, including an addition to the name as I decided to take on the task of providing tv show recaps and reviews. I have a habit (which I'm sure is rather annoying to those I live with lol) of sometimes providing a running commentary of what I like and dislike about the show. Eventually I figured, since I can't do it with soaps anymore and write down my opinions, why not revamp the blog for tv reviews instead? I really enjoyed reviewing the shows and I had a great time trying to improve on my writing skills--the entries just from this week alone are by far my best work and I know I still stand to improve even more--and the content I choose to review. Because of that, I have given a lot more thought to the tv review portion of this website, what with soaps pretty much down the proverbial tube and all. I considered only doing selective reviews, but I would like the practice and looking back on my very first reviews, could use it. lol There are many shows premiering in the months to come, some inside and some outside of my comfort zone, but it never hurts to expand one's horizons, I say.

So I am thinking that the Daytime Suds of this website will be relegated to major news & updates since I have stopped watching soaps entirely, and dedicate the majority of my attention on providing reviews. Some of the reviews will be season premieres, but I also think it would be beneficial to the traffic on the site and to those interested if I start doing series premieres as well. Luckily (or unluckily) for me, there are many to come just from now until May, so between that and school I should be pretty occupied. However, the concept of doing various kinds of reviews has also crossed my mind, so we'll see about that....

As I mentioned last year, the design, layout & features of the blog will be changing (the difference is that this time I'll actually make those changes lol) so please bear with me in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment