Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bitchy Double Review: Nailene's So Natural Everyday French Nails & Ultra Adhesive Tabs

As the title says, this is a double review. I use artificial nails from time to time, mainly when I'm trying to grow my real ones out or look professional (I have what I call 'kid hands'--small hands, small fingers, even smaller nailbeds lol) and most of the time when I use artificials I go with Nailene. I like the clean look, the design takes away my desire to paint them and they usually stay on long enough to suit the purpose I put them on for. I've been looking into doing some testing for beauty products as I love makeup and nail stuff, pretty obsessed with them now that I think about it, so after some searching and research I emailed Nailene to become a product tester for their new products. I didn't hear anything back from them, so I didn't think anything of it until a box came from UPS a couple of weeks later.

The nails
The adhesive tabs
They sent me a pack of their Natural Everyday French Nails and Ultra Adhesive Tabs to accompany the nails. I didn't get around to trying either until this morning because my nails were healthy at the time I received them--and longer than the artificials lol so I didn't need them--but with the holidays approaching I wanted to try out something cute and it looked completely elementary trying ideas out on my tiny nailbeds with no nails. I wanted to try the nails out with the tabs and see if maybe this would be a better option for my nails than the glue, which usually wrecks havoc on my beds when its time to remove the artificials.

The instructions told me to use tweezers to remove the adhesive from the sheet and then again to remove the top layer once the tab was on my nail, but I ended up not needing them. It doesn't fit across the entire nail, but I remember reading that it wasn't supposed to anyway. So I put the nail on top of the adhesive and it seemed a little loose at first, but I pressed on it for about 30 seconds or so and it seemed okay I guess. This was until I actually looked at the entire nail and realized that because the adhesive is kind of centered on your nail if you have small nailbeds like mine, it leaves the bottoms lifted and very false looking, kind of like you need fills. I didn't get a pic of that; next time I take off my nails I'll update this post with some pictures.

I had applied two nails and was trying them out to see how they held; I work with my hands on most things that I do and need my nails to be manageable, not claw-like but I also need the adhesive to be heavy-duty so they don't pop off so easily. In other words, my nails and the adhesive need to be too legit to quit on my ass.

This adhesive lasted all of 10 minutes before I had to visit the little girls' room; I washed my hands and the nails seemed fine, until I went to dry my hands and 'pop!' 'pop!' go my nails, in quick succession the minute I began to towel off my hand. Popped the nail and 'adhesive' from the tab clean off. Good thing is that the adhesive didn't stick to my nailbed either, so it made removal super easy. I redid the nails with super nail glue, my usual, and we'll see how long they'll last; I'll update and let you know.

Bitchy Rating:
(Nails) 12.14.UPDATE: They lasted 2 days. One popped off yesterday and I didn't even realize it, when my right thumb came off while I was trying to open a lid I decided to remove the rest of them and pop! pop! --No problem removing them at all, they didn't really adhere to my nail I guess because it was too easy to get them off. If you only need nails for a hot night or two, go with this set; they don't last much longer than that so if you need nails that hold up through the workweek, these aren't the ones to get. By the time they come off, the edge has already began to loosen from your nail, creating the 'needs fills' look again and the nailbed changes colors. My nails were the beige set, but by the time they came off the nailbed had bubbles underneath and were more of a pale pink. Looked totally fake no matter what I did with them.  
((2 out of 5 stars))
(Tabs) *Terrible. The adhesive does not hold up well at all in water, does not cover the entire nailbed so it runs the risk of causing air bubbles to sneak up in the nail and loosen it anyway and it makes the nail look like it needs fills even when you have just applied them. I wouldn't recommend them. The instructions tell you to ensure that all bubbles are removed from the adhesive tab upon applying it but even when you smooth it out there are still bubbles and they also tend to slide a little bit. The only good part is that once the adhesive tab loosens, removal is a snap and doesn't damage your natural nail.
((0 out of 5 stars))

No comments:

Post a Comment