Thursday, March 27, 2014

Random Chit Chat

I just wanted to write this post really quick because I've been slacking a bit lately on some things and wanted to do a little update. First things first, I decided to give up the ghost on trying to finish that Instagram Photo Challenge. I only joined Instagram to try out the challenge, and I realized after awhile that I just don't mesh well with it. As much as I love taking photos, I was able to see that I'm not interested enough to take them on a daily basis. I feel sort of like a failure for admitting that but the truth is, I didn't care about Instagram before the Challenge (which is why I didn't have an account), I had to make myself care about (and remember) it while I was attempting the challenge, and now that I've abandoned it I still don't care about it. lol Beyond Facebook and Twitter for promoting ATV and watching TNTs, I don't care for social media. I think as websites and media in general became more intrusive, I pulled back. I forget about checking my Instagram the majority of the time, I only use Twitter for my other blog, and I only post occasionally on Facebook, but it's never anything personal. With that being said, me being me Instagram and daily photo challenges aren't my style. There are still gaps in my life in which there are no photos, but what I have noticed about myself throughout this process is that 1-I don't think I'm cut out to photograph every day of my life, 2-My life simply isn't interesting enough for me to want to photograph something every day, and 3-Things like daily photo challenges make you bare a little of yourself everyday and I realize that I'm not necessarily comfortable with that. It is what it is. Maybe if there was more going on in my life or I was a more open person in my private life this would be easier to do, but right now it's not my can of soda.


Secondly, I haven't forgotten about the Pinterest Project. I've fallen on hard times financially, and since I'm still living at home, the number of projects that I can take on is pretty narrow (limited to bedroom equipment) and many of them require me to buy a number of the supplies. January's wasn't that expensive and I already owned a lot of the supplies, but many of them require supplies that are out of my budget right now. Once my bills have been regulated again and I've got more cash to spare (or I can find cheaper projects to pin), I'll pick the project back up and make sure to do all of the months that I may have missed in between. The SBS is still up and running, as you've seen, so no worries there.


I'm still working on rolling out the changes and new reviews for the site, but as I mentioned earlier, hard financial times have caused me to pull in a little bit and this limits a lot of the new things that I can buy to review. I have a firm idea of exactly what will be reviewed on the site now and I'm just waiting for when I can fully redo the design. By the end of the year, all changes will be implemented and it'll be straight.


Well, I guess that's all for this little chit chat for now. I've got some computer game, PS3 game, makeup and app reviews waiting in the wings now, and everything's moving along. I know there's been a few more book reviews lately, but I'm part of two review programs on LibraryThing so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to simultaneously build up that portion of RRNT and fulfill my reviewing obligations for LT. I've also been pursuing a few sponsored opportunities from a few companies to see what I can scrounge up to review. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't fallen off....completely. lol I'm still here. If you have any ideas for things I can review, shoot me a comment and let me know!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment