Monday, March 14, 2016

Maybelline Fit Me! VoxBox



Hi! As you know, I'm a member of Influenster, a company that allows influencers to sample and review various products. I applied to try out a new beauty VoxBox in January, and Influenster contacted me last month to let me know I'd been selected to try one of the Maybelline Fit Me! foundations. Per usual with anything I review from Influenster, I received the product for free in exchange for an unbiased review, and all opinions are my own. 



What is it? Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Liquid Foundation



How much does it cost? $7.99



Where to purchase: Maybelline's website, all major drugstores & supermarkets



So what came in the box?



The only thing that came in my VoxBox was the foundation itself, and as you can see, I received my foundation in Toffee Caramel, or 330. I'm still a bit light from winter (read: my Irish half really comes out during the colder months so atm I'm pale as a mofo) so the shade is currently a little dark for me, but by the time the rest of my makeup is on it looks fine. For my actual skintone, however, it's a good fit. 



Pros:


--Has a matte & poreless finish

--Provides an even, lightweight feel to the face

--Buildable & easily blendable formula without streaking

--Lasts throughout the day w/o needing tons of touchups

                                   --Doesn't smudge easily if set correctly

                                   --Easy to remove




Other than my usual CG foundation, I usually stick with BB creams and pressed powders for face makeup. My face is a bit sensitive (read: fussy) with certain products and I prefer a more low-maintenance look unless the occasion calls for it, so I don't have much need for a heavy foundation. Thankfully, the Fit Me! is both lightweight in formula and light on the face. I don't like the greasy feeling of many foundations on my skin but when I'm wearing the Fit Me! my face still feels like skin. I know that sounds weird, but my face doesn't feel greasy or oily.

Even when I build up how much I apply, my face doesn't feel heavy or weighed down with product. Setting my old foundation with powders sometimes gave my skin a cakey appearance if I set it too much, another thing I haven't had to worry about with the Fit Me!. I haven't had any issues blending the product into my skin, and even on the days I wear two layers it still blends out easily and gives me the matte finish I prefer. With my old foundation, anything more than one layer gave me an oily appearance (despite supposedly being made to combat oily skin/appearance), which I'd have to fix with the setting powders. I don't have that issue with the Fit Me! at all.

A big reason why I don't bother with face makeup heavier than pressed powders and BB creams is because of the repeated need for touchups throughout the day. I often have allergies or sinusitis, especially around this time of year, so it can get annoying having to touch up my makeup every time I blow my nose. I still have to touch-up with this, but it doesn't look like I scrubbed the bottom of my nose clean so a pressed powder works just fine. On that note, the smudging isn't as serious or noticeable, especially if I set it correctly.

The Fit Me! lasts throughout the day quite well, but is also pretty easy to remove when I'm ready. It doesn't take tons of scrubbing or even a lot of face wash; it comes right off.





Cons:



--Can cause a few breakouts

--Tends to itch at the end of the day

--Has a bit of an ashy undertone



Like I said, I don't usually wear full-on foundations. So the first time that I went full-throttle with this product, I applied two layers then wore it for the rest of the day. I forgot to wash my makeup off that night, and ended up falling asleep with it on. To my complete and utter delight ( ::eyeroll:: ), I discovered a new collection of stars forming a constellation on one cheek the following morning, and after washing it off, discovered even more stars across the rest of my face. I have never broken out that much before and I've fallen asleep with makeup on tons of times. Not even my Red Sea breakouts are that bad. This was enough to show me that for my skin, falling asleep in this would be a horrible mistake and I haven't done it since. I wouldn't recommend falling asleep in makeup anyway, but let's be real. Sometimes it happens. But for this product, I would definitely recommend investing in makeup wipes at very least to get this off of your skin before going to bed. 

As I've mentioned before, my skin is a little fussy with certain products and tends to either start drying out or breaking out with repeated usage. When my skin doesn't agree with a product, one of those two things start to happen or my skin starts itching so much I have to remove the makeup. This is the case with my CG Smoothers, so I always have to mix it with foundation. This hasn't happened with the Fit Me! yet, but after wearing it for an entire day it does start to itch just a little. When I scratch, the makeup doesn't smudge or look splotchy, which I like, but it does itch after awhile. I'd suggest wearing a good moisturizer underneath this; the matte effect can cause the skin to feel a little dry. 

Finally, this is something I've noticed now that I've gotten accustomed to the foundation, but when I first apply the foundation, it tends to look a little ashy on my skin. I'm not sure if that's because my skin's still pale so the color is a bit more intense, or because the foundation has cool undertones because those tend to give my face a gray hue. Again, once everything else is on and blended it looks fine, but initially, it does look a little gray. 



Overall, I think the Fit Me! is a great foundation. I like that it's affordable, feels lightweight on the skin, provides even coverage and does what it says in giving a matte and poreless finish. It doesn't smudge as easily as other foundations, doesn't require constant maintenance, and lasts throughout the day without oxidizing. I would recommend this for those who have a more casual approach to makeup, as the initial application will suffice. I love the way this foundation looks and feels on my skin, it's affordable so I can repurchase it with no issues, and it's a great fit for me. The pun wasn't originally intended but it helps drive my review home, so it stays. lol 

So that's my review of the Fit Me! Matte & Poreless foundation; I hope you enjoyed and as always with these VoxBoxes, big thanks to Influenster for selecting me! If you've tried or wear the Fit Me! Matte & Poreless, what do you think about it? See you soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment