Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 RRNT Reading Challenge


Hi! I'm back with RRNT's 2nd annual Reading Challenge! Now there are tons and tons of reading challenges out there, the vast majority of which I'm positive are better than mine. What a lead-in, right? LOL But seriously. I look at a bunch of reading challenges throughout the year and I always envy their creators for having such intriguing and boundary-stretching entries. I know mine aren't quite at that level, but I'm willing to keep trying until they are. As you saw in my post a couple of days ago when I went over last year's challenge, I had quite a few things to learn about what to do and what not to do. With that being said, I've created this year's challenge and you'll notice that it is quite shorter, but there's a mix of new entries and some I rolled over from last year's.


Challenges 1-9


Challenges 10-18


As a side challenge, I'm also doing Elyssa Nalani's Single Ladies Reading Challenge. You would think that I hadn't learned anything because immediately after saying I was going to scale it down, I write a post in which I'm actively taking on two challenges. lol But the thing about this one is that it's one book a month and each month focuses on a different theme, and that's really all the challenge is. For example, January's theme is spiritual growth, so I'd be finding a book that focuses on that topic. Next month will have a different theme, and I only have to read the one book. I can do that. So if you're a single lady, try taking on both challenges with me and let's see how we fare.

Now if my challenge is way too elementary for you, go to Reading Challenge Addict and check out the page I linked you to. It is the most extensive list of reading challenges being done by all kinds of bloggers, on all types of books. If you're up for something that's actually going to challenge you and not the child's play we're doing over here, I guarantee you'll find it in one of the sites linked on that page.

I do have a small extra with this year's challenge, though. Since it still chafes my buns that I could only show you 9 books from last year's challenge despite having read much more than that, I also want you to track how many books you read throughout the year. Again, I have no tiers yet. lol But it's cool to keep track regardless.

But anywho, that does it for now. I hope you'll be joining me and this time I promise....to try....to keep my reading challenge updated on my Instagram, but if I fail at that, I'll be doing four updates throughout the year. If you do participate in the challenge, upload your entries to your social media with #rrntreads so I can find them easier. See you soon!


p.s. If you were to drink a cup of water every time you read the word "challenge" or "book" in this post, including that last one, you'd probably drown yourself. lol 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment