Sunday, September 3, 2017

Self-Love Questionnaire


Hi! I'd originally planned to do Self-Love September this year, but to keep things short, it didn't work out. I want to say it was two years ago that I first tried my hand at doing Self-Love September, but I didn't plan it correctly and was left feeling overwhelmed so it was something I never got to finish. I had the idea to do it again this year, but as is quickly becoming the case with a lot of things, I don't have the time to execute it the way I'd like. My summer was full with the Summer Series and prepping for SUTS over on ATV, which just wrapped a few days ago. Now I'm getting ready for the Fall Series here and Octoberfest on ATV, so trying to stick another month-long series in the middle of that would have been way too much. I thought I'd be able to handle it this year and that was what I was shooting for, but again, didn't work out. I finally accepted defeat a couple of days ago due to said time constraints, so I dialed it back a bit. If I could find a way to clone myself and be my own assistant, I so would. LOL

This year, I wanted to start out with a questionnaire, kinda like a self-analysis of sorts. Every week, there'll be a new task for you to complete. At the end of the month, I wanted to do a follow-up questionnaire, mainly to catch back up with the people I interviewed for this set of questions and find out if anything's changed. I wanted to share the blank one with you first in case any of you were interested in answering the questions. Over the next couple of days, you'll see the answers to these questions from a few people in my life. I'll go into more detail about it in that post, but for now, here are the questions:






1. Speaking in majority terms, do you love yourself?


2. If your answer is no, why?


3. At what age would you say your self-love journey began?


4. What was the attitude about self-love and developing a healthy relationship with yourself growing up? Was it something you were taught or something you had to learn later?


5. If it was something you learned later, what triggered the need to learn for you--was it self-analysis, looking at someone else's self-love, reading articles, etc.?


6. What decision, age or time of your life can you look back on now and know that your lack of self-love contributed to where you were?


7. If you had the opportunity to revisit that version of yourself, what would you say to him/her?


8. What does self-love mean to you?


9. Do you think there's a difference between self-love and self-care? Why or why not?


10. Was there an a-ha! moment that led you down the road to gaining self-love?


11. Was it easier to love your external, internal or imagined self?


12. Men and women are treated differently on the topic of self-love. There's still a stigma surrounding men and the ability to express self-love or have healthy relationships with themselves. What would you suggest to improve on the stigma on men expressing their feelings and being able to encourage other men to develop healthy relationships with themselves?


13. In your daily life, what actions do you do to show yourself love?


14. What is the biggest lesson that loving yourself has taught you?


15. What will you no longer tolerate, from others or yourself, as a result of your self-love?


16. Where would you say your relationship with self still needs improvement? Are you too critical of yourself, are you self-deprecating to avoid praise, is there anything you're actively working on in learning to treat yourself better?


17. If someone came to you and asked for your help in developing a healthier relationship with themselves, what would you suggest they do?


18. How are/will you guide/teach your children the importance of developing a stable and positive relationship with themselves as they grow and mature?


19. With your different roles in life, do you find it difficult to maintain a consistent amount of attention to your self-improvement? How do you counteract that?


20. Have you done something for yourself today?


21. Did this questionnaire show you anything new about yourself or give you a new goal to reach in your relationship with yourself?






Like I said, I'll go into more detail when I post the answers I received, but my overall goals here were to see how other people answered these questions (obviously) and create a dialogue on the topic of self-love, something I don't think gets the attention it deserves. In terms of pampering and indulging, sure. But the gritty, raw and sometimes ugly stuff, not so much. I think this series of questions touches on some of those things without needing someone's full life story. I just think its interesting how one's love of self (or lack thereof) can shape and mold us in really powerful and subtle ways, and it's always nice to hear more about why the people in my life are the way they are. If you choose to answer or share these questions, I'd love it if you used the tag #rrntselflove so I can see what you said. See you in a couple of days!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment