Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Random Bitchy Review: Wet 'n Wild MegaLast Lip Color

I'm new to the world of lipstick. I actually didn't start wearing lipstick until this year. New Year's Eve, as a matter of fact. I just thought I looked like a....erm, "lady of the night" with lipstick on, so I never bothered with it. I stuck with paler lip colors, lipliner and colored glosses. Things have massively changed within the past year, though, because now I wear it all the time. I'm addicted. I haven't tried many lipstick brands out this year, but the one lipstick I've been using as my go-to is the Wet 'n Wild MegaLast Lip Colors. I'm in love with them, so I wanted to do a quick review and show you what some of the colors look like.

Yes, that bony thing is my arm. LOL
From l to r: Cherry Bomb, Cherry Picking, Stoplight Red, Wine Room, Smokin' Hot Pink, Mauve Outta Here, Bare It All

Pros:
-These colors are very buildable, so you can apply a light or heavy coat and create your own level of intensity
-The colors are also very pigmented, so a little goes a long way.
-They mesh well with glosses and lacquers without coming off
-They also mesh well with lipliners applied as a stain
-They don't dry out my lips
-They come off easily with makeup remover
-The color swatch on the bottom of the tube is pretty accurate to the actual color
-The wide array of colors guarantees that there will be something for virtually every complexion
-The versatility of the lipsticks makes it look good as both its natural matte and a glossy look

Cons:
-The website describes application as 'velvety,' but I found application of several of the colors to be a little hard at first unless I had Chapstick on first
-These are definitely not smudgeproof; one of my biggest complaints is that the lipstick smudges rather easily
-The cap can be a little difficult to remove, which made it a bit tricky to remove the cap without scratching the lipstick on the bottom of the lid
-The cartridge holding the lipstick, however, is easier to remove than I thought
-The formula is a little prone to cracking at the base; a few of my colors have beginner cracks (although this could have come from handling by the store or in transit) so I try not to put a lot of pressure on it when I'm applying the lipstick


Bitchy Review:
All in all, I like these lipsticks. The color swatch on the bottom of the tube is pretty accurate for the color in the tube, which I was relieved to find; one of my biggest complaints with lipsticks in general is that many times the color swatch isn't true to the color that actually hits my lips. The pros of these lipsticks outweigh the cons, there is an array of colors as the full collection has 26 lipsticks, and they're affordable. I picked these up at my local Dollar General for $2, but Walgreens' website has them listed at $1.99 or 3 for $3.98. Not bad, if you ask me. That might have just been the online price at Walgreens though, I'm not sure. Either way, they're worth their price. As for the cons, one way that I have found to get rid of some of the smudging around the border of my lips is to outline them with a little bit of concealer; this also in some weird way makes my lips stand out more. I get the color to stand out even more by putting concealer on my lips first, then staining them with lipliner. I read to dust them lightly with a little loose or pressed powder, but I haven't tried that method yet. I prefer a matte look with my lipsticks, but if you prefer a glossy finish I have found that the colored glosses from Sally Girl complement a lot of the lipsticks perfectly.

Now overall, could the lipsticks be better? Yes, there are things that can be improved upon. But do they get the job done? Absolutely. Wet 'n Wild has really stepped their game up in the past few years and I like the changes so far. The eyeshadows and lipsticks are now much more pigmented and have more color payoff than older products, they do stay on awhile longer than they did before, and they're all pretty buildable. The price has always been up my alley and I'm glad that part hasn't changed. I'll have to go to another store to find more of the collection since my local Dollar General only carries about 10 of the colors and so does Walgreens, but for the colors I do have so far, I'm extremely pleased with my purchases.


*Have you tried any of these lip colors? What did you think? Shoot me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment