Wednesday, June 10, 2009

AMC Midweek Mashup--Week of June 8, 09

Aww, Jakey proposed to Mandy today and she accepted. I didn't know Amanda had a brother, so for a short-term viewer like myself, I'm glad they brought her family up when she was talking to Opal about how differently she envisioned her wedding. I like these two....which makes me wonder how Amanda's going to react when she finds out Liza is the 'caring, anonymous parents' Jake agreed to give the baby to. Jake is lying to Amanda, but he's so charming and good at heart that you don't even realize it and it's actually quite easy to forget.

Baby Ian is getting a new heart valve, and the emotion of the situation made Ryan feel a bit like an outsider, so he left. I'm glad they're wrapping up this part of the storyline; that baby has been through so much already and just hearing that he'll have to have these same kinds of surgeries his entire life wasn't really a consolation prize, but he didn't die and that's the good part. If the writers SORAS Ian, I hope they don't forget about this and reintegrate it into his storylines. It could make for good drama and keep longtime viewers rooted in the history of the character.

Why's Adam so obsessed with Annie all of a sudden? He said it wasn't about romance and after she saved his life I doubt he's going to try and manipulate her since technically, she owes him, so what could it be? I don't like how JR was talking about her today though; like he's really anyone to cast stones at anyone not in their correct mental state. JR isn't exactly Mr. Sanity. He's a hypocrite, he isn't grateful at all to the woman who saved his father's life, and if JR was in the same position as Annie, do I think he'd go as far as to steal Little A? Hell yes. I agree that Annie needs professional help, but I don't like how everyone is badgering her. Right after she comes in with the stab wound on Friday, Ryan's in her face with little to no concern for her health. Not long after, Aiden's in her face. Now he's telling Ryan that Annie is crazier than ever. I can't determine Annie's motives for ditching Aiden so suddenly other than that she doesn't need him anymore, but I can't see her being so emotionally detached from the only person who didn't give up on her. This whole storyline has been confusing and hard to follow. It's one thing to have plot twists and turns, as long as the path that they're on has some level of familiarity the entire way through. This storyline, all the way back to when Annie tried coming onto Aiden when he was still with Greenlee, has been drawn out for way too long and isn't really doing anything anymore except sputtering and stalling. The writers seem to be confused on whether they want Annie to be crazy or sane, and I'm tired of trying to figure it out. I read a few spoilers about Ryan suddenly being jealous about Annie moving on with someone else, but judging by the way he looks and speaks to her now, it's hard to believe he ever loved her1 at all, much less that he'd ever love her again or show any emotion towards her except indifference and mild disgust.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm gonna say it anyway: Post-Surgery Tad is getting on my nerves. This might be the writers attempt at comedic relief, but it's not working. Its Tad's one-liners, the dry humor and sarcastic wit that had me, not this goofy, overblown shift in personality since the shooting. Speaking of which, are they ever going to follow up on that? How is Tad's brain doing, how are him and Jesse? Tad has only been a surface character since the shooting--we have no insight on how he really feels about anything. Maybe that's what the writers are getting at, maybe it's not. Who's to say.

We heard Dr. Doom's rendition of what happened the night of Stuart's murder---the first version and then his 'truth.' Do I think he killed Stuart? At first I said without a doubt David was guilty, but now I'm not so sure. He is, however, without a doubt the one who had the most motive for wanting Adam dead and made no secret of it, both before the shooting and after he found out the body in the morgue was that of Stuart's instead of Adam's. It seems very convenient to blame the murder on him, not to mention it would tie up many loose ends and make 98% of Pine Valley's population happy to see him locked away. But its for that very reason that I don't think David did it. He's too obvious of a choice. I think the real killer is hiding in plain sight. I found it hilarious that after Liza offered to defend him (mainly because she has motives of her own, which are not clear yet), he ratted her out to the fuzz. Priceless and totally Hayward. Not that I expected him to keep his mouth shut since his ass was on the line, but still. It was pretty funny.

New stuff on the site: For each update on a soap that I do, which will be almost everyday but you can count on at least 2 updates--a midweek mashup, and a week in review. Even if the posts aren't long or are nonexistent in fact, I'm still at least going to include random facts of the day. Those are going to be my random little musings on what went on during the episode.

Another thing I am starting is a line of the day per show. That is going to be my opinion of the wittiest, funniest, or most memorable line said on the show that day. Those two things will be included in every post for each show I review.

Today's random AMC facts, comments and questions: 1)For someone about to give birth, Amanda's belly looks faker than Liza's. 2)Speaking of Liza, does she wear anything but black? We already have an emo mama to be--GH's Claudia Zacchara Corinthos. Wear some red, Ms. Colby. 3)I did the same online ordaining that Tad did--so technically, I am an ordained minister as well. Yay! 4)How did David possibly know that Jake and Amanda were picking that exact moment to get married? Liza was already gone when Jake proposed, so how did he find out? 5)Was that a mosquito bite on Alicia Minshew's cheek today? 6)Angie was a cranky mama today, huh? 7)Didn't Erica look irrelevant today? lol

Line of the day: "Erica, don't you worry. I'll have plenty of attention left for you."--Adam, when he was talking to Erica at the hospital

OLTL is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment