Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Connin' and Fallin'

Oh heavens, does Ethan Lovett look good in black. I mean, he looked really good today. I liked seeing how he and his partner in crime, one Rebecca Shaw, came together and formed their con. I must say, even though I liked Emily and was sad she died, Rebecca is a bit intriguing, especially since I believe she is genuinely starting to fall for Nikolas. If Ethan realizes this, will he risk blowing the con by being angry at Nikolas, or will he up the ante by exposing Rebecca or conning them both for revenge?

When I first saw Carly and Claudia fall down the stairs, I was almost sure that one of them was going to miscarry. Despite my initial feelings, I am now pretty glad that neither of them did. Jax, for all his good points, is really getting on my nerves. I don't like how he's handled things with Michael since he woke up--Michael isn't necessarily making it a walk down the Yellow Brick Road but hello! he just woke up from a coma--and I don't like how he wouldn't let Carly voice her fears about Michael being gone from the hospital in his condition and having no word on where he is. Every time she opens her mouth to voice a concern, *no no Carly, you'll hurt the baby.* We get it, Jax. It's a high risk pregnancy. And I'm not denying the severity of the situation. But Michael is also in a high-risk situation, and his carelessness is not helping the cause. Carly is just being a concerned parent; she fought like hell for the past year and doesn't want anything to jeopardize Michael's recovery. It seems to me though that the only obstacle to Michael getting better is Michael himself. But should Jax go on the attack everytime Michael is around? No. And I'd slap him next time he did it.

Nikolas is so painfully naive. He isn't suspicious of the one person who is conning him left and right. Alexis basically gave him the proof he was demanding she give him for being wary of Rebecca, and he's still not reacting. He isn't using his brain, like always. And where is his son?

Kristina....boy is she getting on my nerves!! I don't know why they SORAS'd her...she's an irrelevant part of the storyline, she isn't a breath of fresh air, the only funny thing about the girl is that she thinks she's actually doing something. I have to admit though, her interactions with Jason make me chuckle. Maxie irritates him better, but Kristina is using new tactics. I don't know about her ripping her shirt off just to throw Jason off Michael's trail--I mean, did she really think he was looking at her padded walnuts??? The look on Jason's face during her little zingers is priceless---still kinda the same *distant, not quite there* expression, but with a twinge of *I can't believe this child* mixed in. I wonder if Jake's going to rip off his pants in a few years if he's hiding something and Sam comes to investigate. lol How aloof must Alexis be if she doesn't realize how her daughter's become a little hoochie in training? She thinks Kristina's this little goody goody and that line may have worked while Kristina was still younger, but it doesn't apply now and the fact that she's none the wiser while Kristina is showing off her not-yet developed body to the rest of Port Charles is mind boggling. Get a clue and pay attention to your kid, Alexis. Let Nikolas, the little fool that he is, find out Rebecca's con on his own. You've given him the tools, now take a step back and let him decide whether or not he's going to utilize them and find out what Rebecca's really up to. Go make sure your daughter gets a breathalyzer next time she comes home.

Speaking of Rebecca, I like this new vibe Natalia Livingston is putting out with this new character. She has a different vibe about her in her interactions with Tyler Christopher, which is good because I was just expecting the same chemistry he had with Emily. But they really are different together. And I don't feel anymore like this is just a badass version of Emily--Natalia has really made this character different and I like that. As much as I hate admitting it since I hated Rebecca when she first came into town, I kinda like her now. And it appears that Rebecca is having second thoughts; she is starting to warm to the folks of Port Chuck and doesn't seem as willing to dupe them anymore. This con can't possibly be going on too much longer with more than just Alexis and Tracy being suspicious. When Ethan's part in the scheme comes out, how will this interfere in his budding relationship with Luke? Will Luke be intrigued by the fact that his Dodger has pulled off the ultimate con, or upset that either he was not in on it and he conned one of Luke's sons in the process? We already know it's just going to add more gas to the fire of Lucky's hate towards Ethan, so that one doesn't even need to be touched. But Luke, who has opened up his home, his club and his life to Ethan, may feel differently. Or will he? With Tony Geary's annual vacation rapidly approaching, I wonder how the revelation of Ethan's con will affect everyone with Luke out of the picture and not serving as peacekeeper between the haters and the hated for awhile.

Random facts of the day: 1)Michael and Kristina have chemistry. Too bad they're related. 2)Jason still totally loves Liz. Did you see the way he looked at her when she left after he and Michael got back? 3)Despite Claud's better judgment I think she's totally falling for Sonny or is fighting like hell to keep it from happening; 4)I'm glad Maxie, Spinelli, Johnny or Kate weren't infecting my screen today; 5)Sonny's obvious conflict between not being sympathetic towards Claud's pain and trying to be concerned for the baby was a little funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment