Thursday, June 4, 2009

Midweek Rant p.2--Week of June 1, 09 (OLTL/GH)

OLTL: Stacy Morasco can be summed up in one word. Pathetic. Disgusting. Desperate. Pick one, they all fit the subject. I think her ploys to get Rex are childish and overblown, and Rex is falling for them like someone who is not a former P.I. Since when does Rex believe the first thing out of anyone's mouth? He believes Stacy more than he does his own mother! Granted, Roxy isn't exactly a pedestal by which honesty should be based upon, but she has her reasons. I wonder who this John Doe is. Anyway, I can't believe how easy it was for Stacy to wrap half the damn town around her fingers. I can't wait til this unravels and Gigi can send Stacy's half naked, scheming, manipulating ass back to Vegas on the first Greyhound.

For me, the best part of this show today was definitely when Jessica finally let the truth hit her that her baby died. And damnit if Erika Slezak and Bree Williamson didn't bring it. Viki got the ingenius idea to bring the master of all gatekeepers, Jean Randolph back to show No Last Name Bess how it's really done. I loved watching how Bess's hold on Jessica started to slip, giving me the confirmation I needed that Jessica is ready to deal with it. I agree with so many other people who say that the writers made a mistake in not making Viki more integral to this storyline. She suffered from non-integration for years, and now that Jessica is going through the same thing, it's only natural to have Viki by her side. But the writers dropped the ball and sent Viki and Charlie to AMC's attic for a few months. It will be interesting to see how Jessica handles giving her 'baby' to Starr and having to see her on occasion. At least that gorgeous Brody Lovett will be there to help her through. Kudos for bringing in Mark Lawson, his pectoral muscles and his abs........I mean, Mark Lawson. Sorry. I am still pissed at the writers for letting go of Forbes March, but he seems to have recovered nicely with a job on ATWT in the near future, so good for him. I still think Nash and Jessica had definite supercouple potential if the writers had kept him around, so I will always think he's the better man for Jess, but Brody comes in at a close second. With these two, there are no secrets, no false pretenses. Brody sees Jessica for all that she is, doesn't deny it to himself and still loves her and wants to help. Jessica's seen Brody at his rawest, at his very lowest, and helped bring him back when everyone else had thrown in the towel after his unraveling up at Llantano Mountain. They know exactly who the other is, what they are about, and saw firsthand how they have to battle their demons to come back from it. Within time, they could really put these other couples to shame. It was obvious to me how much Brody means to Jessica if he was able to pull her out when Bess was still in control--as the gatekeeper she is without a doubt the most powerful of the three personalities. But if Brody's voice in Bess's ear was enough to bring Jessica back out, even momentarily, that shows the depth of his meaning to her. Bree Williamson has the makings of a multiple Emmy winner someday--I have to keep reminding myself that she doesn't actually have DID and there are not really three personalities fighting within one body. When you forget that the person is acting and you get into the character's depth, THAT is acting. And Ms. Williamson does it beautifully. It takes a good actor to go toe-to-toe with the great (IMO) Erika Slezak, and today Bree Williamson hit it out of the park when she challenged Viki to tell her what would happen once the truth comes out (um, Bess....it kinda already is and staying holed up in that room isn't going to do anything) and shattered her facade as Jean by making Viki's emotions come a little too close to the surface. I wish I was a viewer back when Viki was still battling her DID--I sincerely feel that I missed out. Longtime viewers will probably tell me that I did.

Speaking of the baby switch, I am very curious to see what happens once Chloe is acknowledged as Hope and is given back to her rightful parents. Starr seems to be facing a dilemma---she has suddenly realized she wants to be Hope's mother, even if she's not ready to admit it aloud, but has already promised the baby to Marcie. As much as I like Marcie and Michael and think they're going to be great parents, I want Hope to stay with Starr and Cole. Cole's reaction to the news was interesting, then irritating, and now I understand it. Brandon Buddy has matured so much as an actor since coming to the show, and I've always loved Cole. I'm ready for him to get back together with Starr and raise the baby together. I think it could be hard, but do I think they're ready? Yes. This time thinking that she was dead definitely gave them time to reflect and I now think Starr is mature enough to understand what it's like to be a parent. She's had to grow up alot since that fateful night in Langston's old house. She's ready. Cole has lost so much and I think he's ready too. Besides, Marcie and Michael kind of need to back away from anything Manning. They already had Tommy...er, Sam, and now they're getting Sam's niece. Choose another family. lol 

Poor Fish. He seems like that police officer that gets sent out to all the places in the city everyone forgets about and has to clean up all the odd crimes in the city, like who's beating down who in the yard with raw chicken breasts. LOL Give this guy another duty already! Schuyler cracks me up, he's so awkward. I like his intention to bust Stacy out, but his method is all wrong. I'm sure it can't help any that our moonlighting lab tech switched the results at the exact same time Schuyler was trying to access them. I'm glad he's teamed up with Gigi--since the whole leukemia storyline came out, she's lost the fire in her eyes. With Sky successfully convincing Gigi that Stacy is up to no good, she's looked more animated than I've seen her in months. Please, writers, if you ever stumble across this lonely little blog here, please listen to us. Drop Stacy. She's not worth losing Ray Montez. She's really not. Let her go. Please.

GH: Sarah J. Brown is amazing. I see now why she's a two-time Emmy winner. Claudia Zacchara is no doubt a villain. But underneath that lies this awfully endearing vulnerability that has me undecided on whether or not to hate her. I hate that the blame of Michael's shooting is being placed on her shoulders because I really like her with Sonny. This whole storyline kind of puts the viewer at a disadvantage, if they like Claws. On one hand, its hard to hate her when its obvious the guilt is eating her alive. On the other hand, her stupid methods for trying to ensure her own survival when the fact of the matter is, Michael's shooting is her fault are annoying as hell. Speaking of Michael, he's pissing me off. Which is exactly what he's supposed to be doing. I hate to admit it because of my screaming allegiance to the deathly adorable Dylan Cash (btw, Michael annoyed me then too but I'm loyal, damnit) but I am really liking Drew Garrett. Michael's pissing me off though. Carly of all people deserves Michael's love and gratitude, but she is bearing the brunt of Michael's anger at the moment. It's not fair and my heart hurts for Carly. Random thought--Claudia's hair was pulled back! There IS a soap god! I doubt I'll be seeing her in a bright yellow maternity dress in a few months, but hey. Change is change, no matter how subtle or what color it comes in. I do wonder how it feels for Sarah J. Brown to go toe-to-toe with the character she created. Must be kinda surreal, in a full circle kinda way.

Ethan is Luke's son. ::cue sarcasm:: What a revelation. I like the two together. Tony Geary's Luke has had more light and pep in his step than he's had in awhile. I feel like Luke is looking for one more big adventure and Nathan Parsons' Ethan is going to be the one to give it to him. With Luke's family pulling away from him due to Lucky's self-righteous attitude, Lulu's undeniable knack of getting caught in the middle, Tracy's ever-present scheming and Nikolas's getting caught in the MaybEmily debacle, Ethan is finally someone he feels that he's on level with and it's refreshing for him, and me too. Of course this means he cheated on Laura, but.....come on. Luke's no knight in shining armor. We already knew he wasn't faithful. Besides that, what can you do about it. I identify with Lucky's anger on some level. At least in his case of being unfaithful, it was partly to suit an addiction so that gives him at least a partial pardon, and a reminder of those mistakes in the form of a fully grown man isn't staring him or Liz in the face. Ethan is a reminder of just another time that Luke didn't treat Laura right and I believe that is what most of his anger is about. The rest, however, is all Lucky and is one of many reasons I can't stand the character.

I like Johnny and Olivia. I wish Johnny's loyalties to Olivia were this deep for Lulu otherwise they might have had a chance, but oh well. I digress. The whole Mrs. Robinson schtick is kinda refreshing. Besides.....who else are they gonna put her with? lol I hope her and Johnny are still doing the pelvic bump when Dante comes back into town. Claws said last week that Johnny and Dante are around the same age, and I'm putting Johnny at being around my age, 22-24. I would love to see how that's going to play out. Maybe because Olivia understands Johnny is why I like them so much, and they're hot together. Lulu, as much as I like her, isn't a badass. At her worst, she is a whining, nagging, needy shrill of a girl who needs to get the stars out of her eyes. At her best, she's a calming, refreshing, dependable, independent breath of fresh air. She needs a man. Too bad Drew Garrett is playing her cousin; they've got good chemistry. Ethan's her brother now, Spinelli is just a friend, and Jason....that would be wrong on so many levels. Besides, he's got the eunuch vibe down to a T. I mean seriously, does the man ever lust? At all? Cuz I do. And Jason, as dumb as he might be, is gorgeous in that rugged, don't identify with feelings kinda way. mmmmm. I'd wake up next to him 6 out of 7 days of the week. I try to reserve Sundays as God's day. Can't do that when I wake up to that six foot piece of manliness and strength. LMAO

**Guess that's it for me now, be back on Sunday to sum up the week!**

I'm totally and completely uninterested in Emily 2.0. I don't even feel like commenting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment