Wednesday, June 10, 2009

OLTL Midweek Mashup--Week of June 8, 2009

Poor Gigi. My heart goes out to her. She's dodging slut comments left and right. Shane and Rex are gonna have to eat a whole boatload of crow once this story is out. Thankfully, Shane found out at least one thing that's hopefully gonna make him feel 2 in. tall--that Gigi in fact did not sleep with Brody. That's the main thing he's been hacking at Gigi's ankles about, so finding this out is no doubt going to make him feel rotten. And good too, because he's been positively rotten since this all came out. So has Rex. They're gonna have alot of making up to do, but Gigi just wants her family back. I sense she'll be more forgiving than many others (myself included) in the same situation. Stacy is pathetic. How is Rex so clueless?

My condolences go to Dorian too. She opened her heart to some Latin passion but Ray has to go be with his daughter. I think Dorian and Ray were a very even match, she provided him with a sounding board and matched him wit for wit, while he gave her some calm to match her usual hot-tempered nature. It was definitely a boo on the OLTL writers for letting A Martinez go; he and Dorian could have had something going. I definitely like my Dorian with some spice and with Clint she was too busy trying to be Miss Belle of the Ball. Ray was a far better match and I hope soap fans in protest of the firing will make their feelings known and maybe get him back. Dorian had to keep her dignity and wouldn't let Ray kiss her goodbye. It was very Dorian but somehow very graceful at the same time. I think if she had let Ray kiss her, she would have cracked and she didn't want Ray to see that. She is going through genuine pain. I wonder how she is going to handle that--will she take her pain out on her usual punching bag, Viki, or will she bury it all?

Despite the impact of the storyline, I'm glad Starr and Jessica weren't on today. I needed a day free from Starr's voice, 'cracking with emotion' (look I'll be honest, I just find it annoying, not thick with emotion) and Jessica telling us one more time that 'Tess is a part of me. Bess is a part of me.' We know that. I like the storyline, love the acting and I'm thrilled that it's out, but I needed a break from the two of them today. Maybe the intensity of the story is getting to me. :p

John finally let Blair in on the inside joke between him and Marty that his marriage was a farce. Blair seemed genuinely crushed by the admission, as I believe that she truly does love John at some level. But it is not the same way she has, does or ever will love Todd, and I think John saw that before Blair did, just as she saw before John did that he could never love her the way he loves Marty. That's where I feel the sorriest for Blair--she has always come in second to Marty. Todd wanted Marty and not long after he couldn't have her, he chose Blair. John thought Marty was dead and picked up Blair in the meantime, almost as a plaything at first. But Marty was always the one he wanted. She will always be second fiddle to Marty, and that realization is going to reignite the previously fizzling truce between these two women. I believe that is where most of Blair's resentment stems from--Marty got through to John and Todd in a way that she never could and has a hold on them that Blair never could. Both of these men view Marty as a fragile bird, while Blair is the sidepiece they pick up and then drop some time later with what seems to be little to no concern, no matter how hard Blair fights to stand out in her own right. Blair felt unwelcome wherever she went today and my heart went out to her. John told her their relationship was over and practically flew to Marty, her mother is gone, Dorian's nursing a broken heart as well, Starr is all over the place, and Todd is shacking up with Tea and seemingly having a good ol' time watching tv with her and the boys. It was a sad moment.

Speaking of Dr. Saybrooke, I personally think it's Marty's *oh woe is me, I'm a damsel in distress* act that she plays in every storyline she's ever been in that irritates me the most. Everything about Marty comes back to the rape. And it was a terrible thing. I sympathize and understand on a deeper level than I will ever admit. But at some point, you have to at least try to move past it a little, yet everything with Marty keeps coming down to the fact that she was raped. Give Marty another struggle. I hope that now that she's got her memories back and has had to relive everything, including said rape, that she can finally truly begin to move on with her life......which will no doubt include John, since he laid down the gauntlet for Blair today. How will Blair's heartbreak be impacted by the fact that her 'husband' would rather be with another woman, who is the mother of her daughter's boyfriend, and the fact that her own ex-husband is shacking up with yet another former love while their children are in the house? I think it's a bit of a mockery to Blair's feelings for John and whatever relationship they had since right after he tells Blair their marriage will be on paper only, he's showing up all debonair at Marty's door. Couldn't even wait til the next morning, huh Johnny?

It was a painful day of heartbreak and accusations in Llanview today. Maybe we'll see some positivity tomorrow.

Random facts, questions and comments: 1)I like Cole and Marty's chemistry alot better now. They are definitely meshing alot better now that Marty has her memory back, so kudos to Susan Haskell and Brandon Buddy for being so distant at one time that it was hard to remember they were related. 2)I think for Tea, her fear of being manipulated again by Todd is combined with her inferiority complex when compared to Marty in Todd's mind, just like Blair. 3)John's emotionless face while Blair was pouring her heart out was bugging me, almost like he was coddling her. I didn't expect him to break down in tears, but I wanted to see some hurt or remorse somewhere. 4)Trevor St.John is handsome. :p 5)I liked Michael Easton when he was Caleb Morley instead of John McBain. 6)'The Naked Lady' is never gonna get old with me. I think its funny. 7)Rex really is an idiot. Did he get the Samson effect when he cut his hair awhile ago? He sure has seemed stupid since then. Btw, he totally looks like Fozzie with that growth. 8)Stacy's 'stripper with a heart of gold' tactic? Please.

Line of the day: "I can't be your husband anymore." -John to Blair at Rodi's

GH is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment