Sunday, August 30, 2009

GH Week in Review--8/24/09

This week was pretty diverse in who it featured, which is a nice change from the Sonny and Claudia show. Sonny told Claudia that he wanted to stay married, which is still a mystery to me. We all know Sonny has feelings for Olivia, not Claudia. I think on some level Sonny feels something towards Claudia, we've seen that since she came into town. But whether or not all of those feelings are sexually related remains to be seen. They have brief moments where they can sit and talk like two adults, and I like them together. I don't want a repeat of Sonny and Carly, and for some reason, I'd rather see Sonny with Kate than Olivia. Sonny and Claudia understand each other quite well, seem resigned to the fact that this is their life whether they had a choice in the matter or not, and neither of them are too high on love and what it brings. Sonny seems to think he deserves Claudia, and I think Claudia is either in love already or fighting it like hell. If only Michael's shooting wasn't always lingering in the not too far distance, huh? I don't see Sonny and Claudia having this deep love connection right away, but Claudia asked Sonny if he could respect her more.

That reminded me from this line I heard in one of my favorite movies, The Wedding Planner. When Mary (Jennifer Lopez) was talking to her father about marrying Massimo (Justin Chambers), she said that she wanted a marriage like her parents. Her father told her that unbeknowst to her, their marriage was arranged and at first they couldn't stand each other. He was in love with another woman, and she simply didn't like him. Well, the father came down with scarlet fever and was on the brink of death. The mother didn't leave his side until he got better, and that's where my line comes in. He said, "I was very grateful to her, and I grew to respect her. Respect grew to like. And like grew to love. A deeper love than I have ever known." Of course that can't happen here just yet, not with Claudia being responsible for the shooting. But I could see Claudia and Sonny being a dark supercouple someday...I hope. She gets him in a way that no other woman probably ever will, and she makes the best out of it. He understands why she is the way she is and doesn't expect her to be a fragile little egg afraid of anything that goes on in his life. He doesn't have to keep a part of himself away from her because without a doubt, she can handle it. She's someone you'd want next to you in battle, provided you haven't doublecrossed her at one time or another. Claudia is a stand up woman in the sense that she'll stand right there beside you and fight til the end. Sonny needs that. Claudia can be just as cold-blooded as Sonny, but she has a vulnerability that she's more prone to showing, which can leave viewers like me on the fence on how we feel about her. I love her and hate her at the same time. With her finding out that Kristina, not Michael, is responsible for her accident, I sense that I'll be hating her for some time, but there are times where I love Mrs. Zacchara. Speaking of her, it looks like the writers have dropped where Michael starts to remember things from the coma. I wish they'd pick it back up, it would be really interesting if Michael somehow stumbled across the fact that his 'awesome' stepmom almost killed him a year and a half ago, and then find out that she is the reason why Jerry Jacks found them in Mexico a few weeks ago. After all this time and all the shenanigans she pulled to hide it, I think it would be anti-climatic if Claudia just came out and admitted what she's done.

Although I am a Liason fan for life, I can't deny that Sam and Jason definitely still have something going. Underneath all of the things they've done to each other, there is still something there between them and they finally hit the sheets this week. I'm wondering how the hell did Jason have sex on his mind with a bullet in his arm. If I got shot, no matter what guy was in the room, I wouldn't do it.....I'm totally lying. I'd do it anyway. I chose Sam for Monday's LOD because even though they were talking about a car, I think it fit their relationship as well. Sam never being able to have a child, Jason being in love with Elizabeth, Sam being responsible for Jake's kidnapping a couple of years ago--huge issues. But with time, it could work. They still have love for each other, despite it all. It could work. Sam is strong where Liz is fragile, and Liz can't handle Jason's life the way Sam can. I hate it, but Liz isn't exactly a firecracker. She needs some fire under her ass.

Speaking of Liz, while Lucky thinks they're going to reconnect, she's too busy thinking about his brother. Nik and Liz could have something going too, but Liz doesn't want to hurt Lucky and besides that, Nik's too busy going what everyone calls 'Full Out Cassadine' on her. I wasn't watching when Cassadines were a prominent part of Port Charles, but from what I read on soap boards and the bit I've heard from the characters, the Cassadines didn't play around, Cassadine men were hell if they were scorned and Nikolas up until this point had been successful in being the exact opposite. He could embrace the side he got from Laura and turn off the Cassadine side at will, but it seems he's again done the exact opposite in his vow to make Rebecca pay. He's never going to be that way with Elizabeth, but how will he balance his obvious feelings for her against his scorned pride from Rebecca? Nik can be two split personalities at the same time and I have to admit, it's kinda cool. Of course, he's not going to tell Liz what he's doing, but she's not stupid. I think she'll catch on soon enough. How effortlessly the shoe switches. At first, Nik was openly vulnerable but Rebecca was completely closed off, putting on a mask. And now, she is openly vulnerable and Nik is completely closed off. I wonder if eventually his feelings will come back or re-emerge as he gets deeper into all of this. He can hardly keep the disgust and anger off his face; I'm not sure how Rebecca doesn't see it. He just has this calculating aura about him and a double meaning to everything he says. I can see it, why can't Rebecca?

In smaller stories of the week, I am not on board with this Inspector Robin thing that she's got going on with Andrea Floyd. Just not interested. There's nothing more to say about it. I wonder where the writers are going to take Lulu and Dante/Dominic. Talk about conflict of interest from hell once everything is out in the open. He's pretending to be a gangster so he can take down Lulu's good friend Sonny, but the reality of it is that he's really Sonny's long lost son from Sonny's relationship with Olivia, who just happens to be her ex-boyfriend Johnny's girlfriend. I think despite Carly's better judgment, she likes Dominic. She doesn't want Morgan around him in an effort to make sure he doesn't follow in his 'footsteps,' but I think she likes him a bit more than she's comfortable to admit. I didn't see much of Maxie or Spinelli this week, and I was grateful. Not interested in Kate's story either. I'm glad Johnny put an end to trying to convince Claudia to leave Sonny. I understand his frustrations with always telling her the same thing, but I was getting pretty frustrated too. The conversation has been stale, redundant and almost verbatim for months. I'm glad he put a stop to it. Claudia has no interest in leaving Sonny and the sooner Johnny realizes that and backs off, the better....I guess.

Monday's LOD: "It's got a couple of big issues.....but it'll work." --Sam, to Jason
Tuesday's LOD: "If we're not careful, we might start understanding each other." --Sonny, to Claudia
Wednesday's LOD: "Oh, so is 'what happened' the new euphemism for our kiss?" --Nikolas, to Elizabeth
Thursday's LOD: "What's wrong with physical love?" --Maxie, to Spinelli
Friday's LOD: "I'm a professional criminal. If I can't cover my crimes, I'm out of a job." --Sonny, to Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment