Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuning in on Tuesday

AMC
I liked the conversation between David and Scott today. It gave me more insight into who David is really at the core of his soul, and I like how Scott seemed to be drinking it up. I wonder if this is signaling a character shift in the future. I was able to see that David is conscious of his decisions, but it goes against the grain of his character to acknowledge and feed into the regrets that he doesn't allow himself to feel. He doesn't allow himself to feel because even though it will motivate him to change, it won't change the fact that he already knows, and always does, revert back to form. Basically, he said if you become a badass, a cheetah can't change its spots and that will be who you are. He didn't glamorize his behavior to Scott, he gave both sides. I wonder how Scott is going to use that to grab the girl. Annie's and David's advice and one boy who's falling fast so he'll listen to anything? This could spell trouble. Now me personally, I'd sooner contact OLTL's Madame Delphina before I take advice from ANY Pine Valley resident. They can't even control their own lives; I don't want their wonky decisions anywhere near mine.

I've realized the statement "You can't do anything" doesn't register in Erica's vocabulary. While that works sometimes because I know that Erica's determination gets her places, on the other hand it just makes her look and sound like she's meddling. What Annie and Adam do is none of her business. She has no room to meddle in a relationship that has nothing even remotely to do with her. Zach and Kendall, I can sort of understand her desire to interfere. However, Kendall is still Zach's wife, is a grown woman capable of making her own decisions, and has her own family to be concerned with. Erica has to learn her place.....anyway, why am I feeling cold from this Erica/Ryan pairing the writers are obviously going to make us endure? It just does nothing for me. I liked it better when she was with Adam or trying to rekindle her relationship with Jackie Boy, who seems to have gotten some off-screen advice from David on how to be a badass and resist Erica's so-called drugging charms. How funny is it that Erica wanted Ryan to stay away from Kendall and is now starting to fall for him herself just a few months later.

You know, I'm beginning to think maybe Adam shot Stuart. Annie seems so intent on Emma not telling anyone what she saw that night and after Adam's flashback it's obvious he saw Stuart being mistaken for him and shot; we saw Adam's reaction when Aidan and Annie told him Stuart was dead and it was nothing like the flashback we just saw. What I am thinking is that Adam mistook Stuart for someone else in the night and shot at him to protect himself, which Annie and Emma saw. Emma can't tell anyone that Adam really did it because if she does, then Adam (Annie's latest life preserver) will go to prison and she won't have a chance in hell of getting Emma back. I like this new sass about Annie, but I don't like the 'belle of the manor' attitude she's got going on. It doesn't match who I have always believed Annie to be. The only time she had a sense of entitlement was with Ryan and for all logical purposes, because of the hell he put her through, I'm inclined to agree slightly. But the way she was treating the staff (Lacretia obviously doesn't like her at all lol) and the whole bell thing? Really doesn't seem like Annie to me. I'm glad the writers did away with Annie's crazy killer thoughts when someone gets her goat. It was getting irritating playing the 'is or isn't she' more than I already do. I do like her with Scott though; her new fiestier attitude and her returned sanity would match perfectly with Scott's new spontaneity.

Of all the stunts and excuses Zach had over the years, this Invismommy thing he's got going on so that Kendall can see the boys is excessively stupid. I find it hard to believe that he masterminded her entire escape and foiled prison stunt but can't come up with a better excuse than that seeing Kendall for the next 15 years or so is just a figment of Ian and Spike's imaginations. That excuse may work when the boys are this young because children cope with potentially traumatizing situations, such as losing a parent, in different ways. For example, when my grandmother died when I was 4, I had a slightly morbid obsession with it for some time afterwards. Not only did I become obsessed and terrified with it, but for awhile afterward whenever I played dolls or played anything for that matter, someone died. All my dolls eventually died. If I was playing with someone else, one of us died. It sounds morbid, but that was my mind's way of dealing with my grandma's death. So the concept that maybe one child sees his mother when she's supposed to be in jail is believable, at around Spike's age. However, if I were Ryan or Erica and heard that my 13 year old grandson or son was still seeing his incarcerated mother and spoke to her, I would either think that something was up or that he needs psychological evaluation. And so would anyone else who really cares about those children. Ryan's become the junior detective, he for sure would feel that something was up, especially after Emma's recently alarming behaviors. North saw Emma's behavior as well and seems to be along the same pattern as Ryan that maybe Emma could turn out like Annie. That knowledge should have Ryan's guard up about the situations his children are going through and how it is affecting them mentally. The Invisimommy concept was an elementary excuse on Zach's part though. He's so intent on proving Annie's guilt that he's starting to slip a little himself. I don't think Zach identifies much as a person unless he's helping someone, usually Kendall, out of a jam. That's all he seems to be doing. His motives are selfish, but he's still unwaveringly loyal and despite his blinding God complex, that loyalty is commendable. I find it disgusting how Jesse was roped into this life of living outside the law though; wasn't it him a year ago who was saying that the law and being a cop was his life? And now he's willing to break it---for Zach and Kendall, who have made up almost his entire list of cases since he was sworn in as chief? I don't get it. I wasn't around for the original run of Jesse and Angie but I can't help but feel that after all the history brought into their welcome back story that they are destroying Jesse's character. Ugh.

Randoms:

Line of the day: "Let's see how crazy I am today, shall we?" --Annie, to her doctor

1)Didn't Alicia Minshew's little belly look cute today? Usually they shoot her from the chest up but you could see it in its tiny glory today...she's gonna look so adorable. 2)AMC's move to January worries me more and more everyday. I see the potential for several storylines going long-term, but what if the actors aren't willing to move to LA to continue with the soap? 3)Speaking of the move, it makes me angrier that they killed off Babe. Both Alexa Havins and Amanda Baker are out West now....it would be perfect to bring Babe back, especially with her sister on the show. 4)Why does Marissa's constant voice of reason and ne'er do bad attitude annoy me so much? I have said before that the soap world is missing more good girls; it seems that all writers think that we viewers only want bad girls ruling the screen. So not true--look at OLTL's Viki!! So why Marissa bugs me so much is still an enigma to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment