Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Operation Baby Drop.....Goes Awry. AMC Midweek Mashup

Okay, it's 6:36 my time and I have to give two days' worth of AMC bitchin' before OLTL comes on so bear with me.

I hadn't realized the good part of Jake not giving Liza Amanda's baby. Liza wanted another baby; she saw this as her way of correcting the wrongs she'd made with Colby, and if she'd kept Amanda's baby she would eventually have to give the baby back. At first, I feared that Liza would become obsessed with the baby and not give him back when Amanda inevitably changed her mind. But now that we're finding out that baby Stuart is not baby Hayward after all, it means Jake still did his job of hiding Trevor and gave Liza a gift of her own at the same time. It was a smarter move than I thought.

That's pretty much the only thing I can say is smart about the entire storyline. They can't report the baby missing because technically, they're not supposed to have a baby. But if they don't report the baby, someone will get away with stealing him. Tad, as a parent who not too long ago got his child back, and Amanda, who is supposedly willing to do anything to keep the baby from David, should be smarter than to leave a baby outside and wait for Opal to pick up the baby. God bless Joe's heart, but I wanted to yell at him to shut up and let Opal be. Otherwise, Randi wouldn't have picked up the child and thought it was a glaring sign from God.

I feel for Randi and the loss of her child. I feel sorry for any mother who has suffered a miscarriage. Not to say I don't feel sorry for the fathers too, but as a woman(regardless of the fact I am not a parent myself) I know it feels different for a mother to lose the child she is carrying and can feel inside of her day in and day out. One day it's there and one day it's not. It can be traumatizing, especially for first-time mothers who are just getting used to the newness of it all and in the blink of an eye, it's gone. However, with that loss Randi should know that taking the baby to the police is the best thing. Tad is never going to think to ask Frankie or Randi if they just happened to see a missing baby around, so they're literally going to run circles around each other.

Speaking of the Hubbards, I love Frankie but he's a pighead. He asked Jesse today why Jesse didn't tell him that North tried to rape Randi. Frankie, I realize that was the reason why Randi killed North, but the bigger thing is that North was killed. By Randi. So Jesse couldn't tell Frankie what North did, because then he would have had to tell him everything and Jesse couldn't do that. I know some will say he should have just told Angie, but I see why he didn't. I mean, how do you approach that? There's so many layers to it. I can see now how that conversation would have went down. Angie and Jesse would be sitting down to dinner and coincidentally, Frankie and Randi would have made an impromptu visit. Well of course being the parents they are, Angie and Jesse would have invited them to eat. I can imagine how the conversation would have went down. Randi would have kicked it off. "Oh yeah Frankie and Angie, you remember that DA they found in the ditch, Henry North? I totally killed him. Jesse knows all about it. Tell 'em, pops." And Jesse would chime in with, "Well we all know Randi used to turn tricks. One of the lucky tricks was North. He tried to rape her, so she axed him. I found her and of course we had to hide it, what else to do, right? So we tossed him under a food service cart, put him in a car and pushed that bitch over the edge. His wife, you know, the drunk blonde that keeps stalking Frankie? Well she knows all about it. Our silence is helping her get the insurance money from when North bought the farm. If we tell, she does too. Well, guess that's it in a nutshell. Pass the potatoes, Angela." Oh yeah Frankie, that'll go over REAL well.

I still think Frankie owes his mother an apology for how he unceremoniously tossed her out of his apartment yesterday. I am a huge advocate of respecting your elders and he had no right to talk to Angie that way yesterday, whether he's a grown man and didn't like what she was saying to him or not. I think he was so angry about it because deep down, he'd already figured the same thing and Angie voicing his suspicions only brought what he kind of already knew to the surface. It was too painful to admit he'd come to the same conclusion, so he took his anger and denial out on his mom. Within the last few minutes of the show today, I was able to see Jesse and Angie finally come together. That's when it dawned on me that they've been worlds apart for a long time. It was nice to see them presenting a united front in the face of a crisis, even though that's what tore them apart in the first place.

Moving on, I thought it was cute how Kendall tried to make dinner for her and Zach. I have always loved Kendall's determination, and she is obviously using her confinement to her advantage and using this time with Zach to try and win him back. More on that later. Liza came in and interrupted, and Zach had to smash a glass to get her to leave. I wanted her to leave too. lol Even though she wishes and is probably going to try at some point to get Zach for herself, I think she knows he will always love Kendall more than he could ever love any other woman. That ties right into what I was going to say about Zendall--Zach's love for Kendall is never far from the surface, as a matter of fact it never leaves the surface, but he is still very hurt by her betrayal and I don't expect him to forget it yet. But will he give into his love for Kendall and let that win out is the real question. Zach has lost confidence in Kendall as a person, but I think he's also lost trust and respect for her as well. Twice she's burned him and I think Zach is a full advocate of the 'Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me' concept and he's not letting himself, or her, forget it. He's not mad at himself for trusting her, he's mad at himself for allowing himself to be hurt by someone else, because that means he left himself vulnerable for attack. For someone like Zach Slater, vulnerability isn't in his dictionary. He's always on his guard and poised for whatever comes his way. And he allowed someone in. Gave them power to hurt him. And Kendall used that power to do the very thing Zach feared--she hurt him. And now he's angry at himself for giving someone else the power in the first place. I was so sad for him when he told her last week, "You broke my trust and you broke my heart." It takes alot for Zach to admit he's been hurt by anything; he's an enigma, even to Kendall. But that admission shows us just how much he was affected by her sleeping with Ryan. Sleeping in the sacred Zendall bed with another man seemed to have been the last nail in the coffin, though. Despite his broken heart at Kendall's hands and his claims that she won't get anything else from him but protection, it doesn't erase love and I believe Zach will eventually be willing to give them another try, but because his heart won't give him another choice. He knows that in his lifetime, there will never be another Kendall for him. She's it for him. And he knows it. She does too. Kendall's got her work cut out for her, but I think her confinement can end up being kinda romantic. She gets Zach all to herself for a little while. That is, if people stop conveniently picking times to come pester him and he stops finding reasons to escape the house, and her, which implies to me that staying away from her is harder than he's making it look. As for the others though, with Ryan and Erica in NY and Jesse tied up in his own mess, they should have a little more time. Unfortunately, that's going to get cut short according to promos, when Kendall's heart gives her trouble and she collapses. I wonder how they're going to explain that.

I'm almost an hour behind, so I gotta cut this short so that I can do my OLTL mashup.

Yesterday's lines of the day:
"What will I need this for, in case Krystal bites me?" --Erica, to Joe
"Ryan, I don't even think I own a t-shirt."--Erica, to Ryan

I'll be back later for today's line of the day.

Randoms:
1)Great job opening the show with good ol' Petey!! I was wondering where he was. They need to do something with his character --I don't like him when he's being the geek obsessed with the hot girl. They already have a 'will a geek get the girl' story on GH, and the geek did in fact get the girl. I see the makings of a young Palmer or Adam in young Pete, I think they should run with that and give him the bad boy edge they're trying to give Scott. 2)How cute were Ryan and Erica yesterday? Still not hot on the romance perspective, but it was cute and they were able to show NY in all its glory. I think Erica's trip to NY was just an excuse to get some remote shots of the city before the show moves. 3)Angie looks good with straight hair. 4)Where are they going with this David and Liza angle? 5)Darnell Williams looks good in snug black t-shirts. Steal some shirts from Steve Burton's rack over at GH and give them to him. Keep him in them..or no shirt at all...as much as humanly possible. Storyline related or not, I won't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment